ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Criminality-ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arash_uk

Criminality-ILR

Post by arash_uk » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:16 pm

Hi,

what happens if I am not aware of a conviction or summon? For example, i might commit a driving offence and police sent me NIP but it was lost in post. Then, police referred the case to the court. In that case, I am still not convicted. But I am not sure what would be the answer to the question:

"Have you or any dependants who are applying with you ever been charged in any country with a criminal offence for which you have not yet been tried in court?" I am still even not charged and I might just have not received a court summon. And if I answer no because I am honestly not aware of that what would be the consequences.

I am ruling out the NCP SAR as it takes 40-50 days and I may commit some offence while I am waiting to receive the report.

Manka10

Re: Criminality-ILR

Post by Manka10 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:10 pm

Read section 13 - declaration which says the information given is true to the best of my knowledge which means if you are not aware of any summons/NIP etc then it cannot be considered as deception
Manka