ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI dispathed to UK, baby in India on visitor visa

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

docvenkat
Newly Registered

OCI dispathed to UK, baby in India on visitor visa

Post by docvenkat » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:27 am

Hello friends. We applied for OCI in UK and this was granted was recently dispatched to Birmingham, UK. Meanwhile we decided to go back to India for good. Baby on 6 m visitor visa currently in India and will stay with mum for a long time. I'm due to fly back to UK soon to attend to work. Can I travel with the baby's passport and get the OCI and come back to India. Then Do I need to inform the foreign reg office since a change in status is required ie from visitor visa status to OCI ? Please help

ban.s

Re: OCI dispathed to UK, baby in India on visitor visa

Post by ban.s » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:16 pm

Considering the long term stay plan in India, the OCI should have been applied from India instead of UK.

As the passport contains an Indian entry stamp I am not sure if it would be wise to bring the passport to UK for OCI stamping, while passport holder is staying in India.
Please check with both B'ham CGI and local FRRO in India for next steps.

docvenkat
Newly Registered

Post by docvenkat » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:32 pm

Question is what to do now- take the passport and get the OCI sticker in it . Fly back to India and register at frro. The option seems suitable and legally - the baby was in UK at the time of application.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:49 pm

the option is suitable - yes, but is it lawful? may or may not be.
you'll have to seek confirmation from B'ham CGI - as they would be endorsing the passport and FRRO - as a status change me be required in India.