ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Another disgrace by DoJ

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

banana07
Member of Standing

Another disgrace by DoJ

Post by banana07 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:01 pm

this is disheartening.. glad I left the country

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-a ... -1.2053069
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Another disgrace by DoJ

Post by CalvinKlien » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:18 am

It's really a sad story but believe me Ireland is far better in deporting people compared to the UK. But indeed a very sad story....

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:32 am

Again, a pity, but not the fault of the Irish government. He was illegal. We can't be expected to look after every individual.

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:40 am

chaoclive wrote:Again, a pity, but not the fault of the Irish government. He was illegal. We can't be expected to look after every individual.
nobody asks them to take care of them individually. my point is: they took him out (following the laws) and left him in the middle (not final destination). the GNIB officer job is to make sure they reach final destination so they do not hang in the middle and nobody accepts them, and also, by moment they noticed something dodgy or wrong, they should have cancelled the transfer.. all what they did, they left him at different airport, and they left back to ireland!

when there is any risk, they should have cancelled the transfer. or they are smart at risk assessing everything but asylums?

Yana31

Post by Yana31 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:53 pm

Such a shame. And its even worse as from what I read in the article this is the first time anything like this does happen. I am sure that they will find out what happened in the end.

iamanalien

Post by iamanalien » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:57 pm

From what I can understand in his application for asylum he claimed to be Somali but this was rejected and it was assumed that he was Tanzanian.

Hence, the department deported him to a country where he was actually under no threat, yet the police still decided to kill him.

I heard that this does happen in some countries. The government does not take kindly to their citizens seeking asylum abroad and punishes them severely for what they perceive is an embarrassment to their national pride.

The DOJ should be mindful of this and seek guarantees on a case to case basis that the deportees will not be harmed.

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:07 pm

neither DOJ nor the asylum could prove the nationality of the asylum for one reason: somalia has non functioning govt, so his birth cert is not recognized in ireland, and DOJ went into the assumption that most somalia refugees are just Tanzanians!
DOJ should be mindful not to deport him based on their experience that such banana republics can be brutal! this asylum has friends here who delivered the message to media, while many others do not have and the issue was barred.. I really hope that will stir the sh!t and stop DOJ from exercising ultimate power and abuse it happily

iamanalien

Post by iamanalien » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:29 pm

What they can prove, by means of language & country information tests is that an applicant is not from the country that he claims he is from.

Their assumption that he is from a certain country is probably based on examining his accent,language, physical features & other information.

People get caught out all the time. They say they are from a conflict country and then they know nothing of the politics, geography of the country and cannot even speak the local dialect.

benfares

Post by benfares » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:23 am

First of all I deeply saddened about Mohammed, never should have happened. But, Chioclive you have no remorse should be ashamed of yourself. Thats why they have laws for asylum seeker in Ireland and around the world.

benfares

Post by benfares » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:30 am

England have more heart than Ireland. England rules!!!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:46 am

benfares wrote:England have more heart than Ireland. England rules!!!
I agreed that chaoclive comments are abhorrent and rabid.

However England are really really bad in comparison to Ireland. They keep immigrant in custody for years. One of my Zimbabwe client was half unconscious when they left him. The guards had bitten him unconscious.

In England an Angola man was strangled unconscious few years back by guard who refused to set him free when he complained of breathing difficulties .

At least the Irish were not the ones that killed him.

I personally the Irish are the better of the 2 evils.

Very sad story. May his soul rest in peace.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

benfares

Post by benfares » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:42 am

Hi Obie

I understand what you are saying about the other cases in Britain, which were unjustified and tragic. But, nonetheless Mohammed did die under the authority of the Irish immigration system. You even said it yourself ' I am glad I left'

:?