ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sensitive But an Important Topic

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ILRapplication80

Sensitive But an Important Topic

Post by ILRapplication80 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:19 am

Hi All,

I know this is a sensitive topic to discuss but a reality that exist in this life.

I have got my ILR - and have a wife who is my PBS dependant (have 3 years left b4 she can apply for an ILR). Have just applied for my child citizenship as he was born here in UK.

If something happens to me (worst possible) - will my wife be able to apply for ILR and citizenship based on the fact that I had an ILR. Also will this have any impact on my child British citizenship application.

Just wanted to have peace of mind - always best to ensure family is secure.

Many Thanks,

ILRapplication80

Re: Sensitive But an Important Topic

Post by ILRapplication80 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:28 pm

Hi All,

So many views but no answer. Can some one pls look at this and respond?

Many Thanks,

kanswam

Post by kanswam » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:50 pm

Hi
From what I understand of the rules, you have to be around till your wife gets the ILR status from which stage she can independently apply to get her citizenship. I believe the rules allows for your wife to get the ILR only through her main sponsor which would be you in this case. Unless of course, she is able to change her visa category to the premium level like Investor visa.

Given that we are still not qualified for ILR, I do have similar thoughts running through my mind from time to time as it will leave my wife and children high and dry should something happen to me before we get the ILR.

Best wishes for you and your family!

cheers
kanswam

ILRapplication80

Post by ILRapplication80 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:14 pm

Ok I thought that being an ILR holder already .. if something happens to me - my wife will be able to apply for settlement under as a grieved partner?

bond.boy203

Post by bond.boy203 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:03 pm

i think there is something called as Discretionary leave to remain based on compassionate reason. I remember reading on the same forum. You can search for some Discretionary cases in ILR forum and you will get an idea