ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK test without Passport without ID

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

meet2mustafiz

Life in the UK test without Passport without ID

Post by meet2mustafiz » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:58 am

Hi,
My passport is Home Office and I don't have any sort of proof ID with me.How can I do Life in the UK test ?
can I asked a certify copy of my passport from Home office and use it for Life in the UK test ?

please advised

peppekalle

Re: Life in the UK test without Passport without ID

Post by peppekalle » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:02 pm

If you have an expired passport you could use it.Driving licences including provisional are also accepted.

meet2mustafiz

Post by meet2mustafiz » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:12 am

peppekalle wrote:If you have an expired passport you could use it.Driving licences including provisional are also accepted.
I am very sorry to say I don't have provisional driving license or expired passport with me.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:10 am

use your BRP card

meet2mustafiz

Post by meet2mustafiz » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:37 pm

z18runway wrote:use your BRP card
My passport and BP card with Home Office.my Visa was refused and currently I am waiting for Upper Tribunal hearing date.next 3rd of August it will 10 years in UK.So, I might need to vary my application or add additional ground in hearing if I able to take any hearing till August..

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:47 pm

then why dont you wait for some time coz you still have 8 months for your 10 years in uk. wait for your your hearing date and lets see what happens next. if the favour for your side, obviously you will get the decuments back.

then carry on preparing your LIUK, coz it just take only 2 weeks to prepare and write the exam.

meet2mustafiz

Post by meet2mustafiz » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:15 pm

z18runway wrote:then why dont you wait for some time coz you still have 8 months for your 10 years in uk. wait for your your hearing date and lets see what happens next. if the favour for your side, obviously you will get the decuments back.

then carry on preparing your LIUK, coz it just take only 2 weeks to prepare and write the exam.
I applied on human right ground,you know its not easy to win a case on this ground.So I am trying to kill time by appeal process and make it 10 years.After the court of appeal -I may have to submit a fresh application,then my documents will be still with Home office.is this case I can prepare for LIUK but how can I sat for exam without ID ? I am very worried

mkhan2525
United Kingdom

Post by mkhan2525 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:30 pm

If you don't have a provisional license or an expired passport then the chances of taking the test are very remote.

You could try asking HO to send your passport to a test centre for the purposes of sitting the test. If they agree you will need to have a photocopy of your passport so that you can use the details in order to register and book the test.

Bear in mind HO do not issue photocopies therefore you will to have a photocopy or be able to get a photocopy from somewhere for this to work.

meet2mustafiz

Post by meet2mustafiz » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:17 am

mkhan2525 wrote:If you don't have a provisional license or an expired passport then the chances of taking the test are very remote.

You could try asking HO to send your passport to a test centre for the purposes of sitting the test. If they agree you will need to have a photocopy of your passport so that you can use the details in order to register and book the test.

Bear in mind HO do not issue photocopies therefore you will to have a photocopy or be able to get a photocopy from somewhere for this to work.
do you think they will do it for me or they ever done it for someone ?

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:00 pm

I don't think the Home Office will send the passport directly to the test centre as that is not how the procedure operates.

Chances of getting the passport back is not likely unless an application is withdrawn which isn't an option in your case. If there are other options, I'm sure more experienced members will shed some light.

I can't believe you haven't applied for a driving license after having been in the UK almost 10 years. It's a fantastic form of photo ID widely accepted for many purposes, not just for wanting to drive. From applying for bank accounts, to voting registration and as you discover, taking the Life in the UK test. If someone doesn't have their passport, great form to fall back on as a photo ID. I'm sorry this is not of much help for you at this stage but I've written this comment for the benefit of others so they don't fall into the same situation as you.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

meet2mustafiz

Post by meet2mustafiz » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:52 pm

WR1 wrote:I don't think the Home Office will send the passport directly to the test centre as that is not how the procedure operates.

Chances of getting the passport back is not likely unless an application is withdrawn which isn't an option in your case. If there are other options, I'm sure more experienced members will shed some light.

I can't believe you haven't applied for a driving license after having been in the UK almost 10 years. It's a fantastic form of photo ID widely accepted for many purposes, not just for wanting to drive. From applying for bank accounts, to voting registration and as you discover, taking the Life in the UK test. If someone doesn't have their passport, great form to fall back on as a photo ID. I'm sorry this is not of much help for you at this stage but I've written this comment for the benefit of others so they don't fall into the same situation as you.
I made myself stupid for not having any driving license.I wanted to sat for LIUK because my case is in Tribunal and meantime it will be 10 years in uk.If I wanted to add additional ground on long residency or submit a fresh application for ILR then I found on UK gov website that people who don't have any LIUK test certificate and English test certficate

''If you’re aged 18 to 65 years old, you must:

pass the Life in the UK Test
prove you have sufficient English language skills

If you don’t meet these 2 requirements you can apply to extend. ''
https://www.gov.uk/long-residence/eligibility

Does it mean when someone's legally passed 10 years without problem but they don't have LIUK certificate then they will able to get 2 years VISA instred of indefinite leave to remain for settle in UK on the basis of Long residency ?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:49 pm

meet2mustafiz wrote:
WR1 wrote:I don't think the Home Office will send the passport directly to the test centre as that is not how the procedure operates.

I made myself stupid for not having any driving license.I wanted to sat for LIUK because my case is in Tribunal and meantime it will be 10 years in uk.If I wanted to add additional ground on long residency or submit a fresh application for ILR then I found on UK gov website that people who don't have any LIUK test certificate and English test certficate

''If you’re aged 18 to 65 years old, you must:

pass the Life in the UK Test
prove you have sufficient English language skills

If you don’t meet these 2 requirements you can apply to extend. ''
https://www.gov.uk/long-residence/eligibility

Does it mean when someone's legally passed 10 years without problem but they don't have LIUK certificate then they will able to get 2 years VISA instred of indefinite leave to remain for settle in UK on the basis of Long residency ?
Yes and the form is FLR (LR).
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Zar_is
Newly Registered

Post by Zar_is » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:26 am

Hi

i am having the same problem.

What did u do to apply ur ten years ?
And how did u do life in the uk test ?

Thanks