ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CoS Allocation

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Harry438

CoS Allocation

Post by Harry438 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:24 pm

HI all,

I am on tier 2 (general) and have found a new employer to sponsor me. while generating CoS they realized their Cos's are expired as they haven't used it for a while and hence they have applied for new one today. Could anyone tell me how long does UKBA take to allocate the new CoS.

Thanks,

manci
Respected Guru

Re: CoS Allocation

Post by manci » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:04 pm

processing applications for an increase in the unrestricted CoS allocation usually takes under 2 weeks

Harry438

Post by Harry438 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:40 pm

thanks manci,

Harry438

Post by Harry438 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:11 pm

Hi Manci,

Is it possible to enquire about he status of CoS allocation renewal ? I mean to find out how long does it take to issue one unrestricted CoS.

thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:30 pm

the employer can call the helpline 0300 123 4699

Harry438

Post by Harry438 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:48 pm

thanks will ask them to do that. do you think if they can the process can be fast forward ?

Also one last question, i got redundant in October and my old employer has notified UKBA that my contract is terminated. its been 2.5+ months now and i haven't received any curtailment letter from them. Do you think i need to worry about it and wait for the letter or should i call personally and tell them about the situation ?

thanks a ton for your help !

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:47 am

Harry438 wrote:thanks will ask them to do that. do you think if they can the process can be fast forward ?

Also one last question, i got redundant in October and my old employer has notified UKBA that my contract is terminated. its been 2.5+ months now and i haven't received any curtailment letter from them. Do you think i need to worry about it and wait for the letter or should i call personally and tell them about the situation ?
there are currently delays issuing curtailment notices but make sure UKVI have your correct address. You could phone immigration enquiries on 0300 123 2241 to try find out the curtailment status (don't press any menu options, just wait until they answer).

thanks a ton for your help !

Harry438

Post by Harry438 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:21 pm

Thanks manci for your advice.

Don't you think if i call them about the curtailment and if the decision is still not made i.e my visa is not yet curtailed then from my call they will process the curtailment which will result in me getting letter in sooner rather than buying more time by leaving as it is now. i have confirmed from my old employer and they said they have given my current address while terminating my sponsorship in SMS. what do you suggest ?

Its just i am waiting for CoS allocation from HO for my new employer and coz of that i was thinking of holding it back from calling HO.

thanks !

Balajikaki
Newly Registered

Post by Balajikaki » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:49 pm

Hi Harry,

how long it takes for you increase of unrestricted CoS allocation ?

My employer applied 3 weeks ago and still i am waiting for increase COS allocation, please advice.

Thanks