ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does a PR for an EEA national speed things up for BC?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Daniel_S
Newly Registered

Does a PR for an EEA national speed things up for BC?

Post by Daniel_S » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:36 pm

Anyone here who is an EEA with a PR who applied for BC? Reading the forum posts it seems that without a PR it takes a long time for an EEA national to get the approval. Does a PR speed things up from anyone's experiences?

Jersey

Re: Does a PR for an EEA national speed things up for BC?

Post by Jersey » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:30 pm

It does seems to speed things up for applications, considering many who applied without PR still didn't get their citizenship approved yet.

I personally applied over a month ago (with PR) and still haven't got mine back, although there people who applied on the same day as me and already got their approvals at least 7-10 days ago. Hopefully I'll get it in the next couple of days.

Jaeger
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jaeger » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:48 pm

I will apply in a week or two. (If there is no reasonable date for NCS then I will send it myself)

Personally I'm not too bothered about a delay. I have waited for another year after PR so couple of weeks are not going to hurt me. Hopefully it's not going to be one of those ultra-long delays where people have to get their MPs involved :wink:

After so much time... this is really it! :mrgreen:

MSaxp

Post by MSaxp » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:02 am

Assuming you already fulfil the requirement of 6 year residency, you have 2 options:

1) apply for PR and then for naturalisation. Total time: time to get PR (1month?) + 12 months + time to get naturalisation (say 2 months)

2) apply for naturalisation. Total time: 3-8 months (based on what i have been reading on this forum)

Sounds like option 2 is preferrable to me. Unless you have just completed your 5 years, where i would suggest you go for PR, because you have to wait for a year anyway