ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

leaving the UK permanently, do I need to inform HO ?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anas_19
Newly Registered

leaving the UK permanently, do I need to inform HO ?

Post by anas_19 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:10 pm

Dear members hope u are fine,

I got a chance to immigrate to the USA, I'm no longer interested to stay here in the UK, my question is , what I have to do beside closing my taxes account at HMRC? do I have to inform Home Office or just let the visa expire ? my visa is valid until 2017 , I was thinking just to leave it expire but what if I returned as a visitor before 2017 ,could this make any troubles in future ?

Thanks,

Anas

attahaas
India

Re: leaving the UK permanently, do I need to inform HO ?

Post by attahaas » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:32 pm

And here I am trying to enter UK on the Ent visa after having lived in the US for almost 7 years and not liking it. And not going back there even I still have open opportunities. Irony!

Regarding your existing visa, even if you just leave it to expire it's of no use to you because after going to US every time you visit UK you will be asked questions about your business at the airport. Obviously you have to say you don't do avail of the Ent visa anymore. I am sure you will be denied entry then. You can't get a 2nd visa while one is still active. So, if you made up your mind to migrate to the US you better cancel your Ent visa and apply for a business visit visa whenever you need to visit UK in the future. Unless you don't plan to visit UK until your Ent visa expires.

Anyways, if I were you, I would just cancel it if I don't intend to use it, because it is not like other visas, you have clear obligations tied to it.
•12-Feb-2015: Applied online (Team), 200K, India
•13-Feb-2015: Submitted documents and biometrics
•25-Feb-2015: Received email saying that they need more time
•03-Mar-2015: Interviewed separately
•05-Mar-2105: Received docs and passport with visa stamped!

anas_19
Newly Registered

Post by anas_19 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:26 pm

lol :D actually I'm leaving because most of my family are there

I was talking about returning back to the UK in future on a visitor visa not using the entrepreneur visa , I thought I can simply apply for visiting visa without cancelling my current one :shock:

Thank you for your help.

Anas

attahaas
India

Post by attahaas » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:42 pm

anas_19 wrote:lol :D actually I'm leaving because most of my family are there
Who doesn't these days... ;)
anas_19 wrote:I was talking about returning back to the UK in future on a visitor visa not using the entrepreneur visa , I thought I can simply apply for visiting visa without cancelling my current one :shock:

Thank you for your help.

Anas
At any given point of time, only one visa will be active in your passport for a given country. By default, your Ent visa will be automatically cancelled when you apply for a visitor visa. (I wanted to say this in my earlier post, NOT THAT YOU CAN'T APPLY for another visa while one is active, you can, but it didn't come out like this I guess, sorry.) So, cancelling has to happen anyway you look at it. But, don't give a chance to the HO by letting them cancel it when they see your visitor visa appl, you better cancel your Ent visa once your US plans are confirmed.

As you said, it is wise not to travel on an unexpired Ent visa to enter the UK after migrating to a different country.
•12-Feb-2015: Applied online (Team), 200K, India
•13-Feb-2015: Submitted documents and biometrics
•25-Feb-2015: Received email saying that they need more time
•03-Mar-2015: Interviewed separately
•05-Mar-2105: Received docs and passport with visa stamped!

Legal83

Post by Legal83 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:40 am

Yes,

legally you don't have to, but its better to inform them that you are leaving this country forever to avoid any hassle in future.