ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (E) dependent travelling without main applicant

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

goldenbat6
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (E) dependent travelling without main applicant

Post by goldenbat6 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:45 pm

Hello all,

I have been looking for any conditions that may be imposed on the dependents for the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) category but could not seem to find any specific information in this regard and wondered if anyone had knowledge/experience in this matter.

Given that the main applicant has been out of the country since September 2014 (hence, nearly 4 months) though the visa is nowhere near expiry, can the dependent travel internationally without any restrictions?

I heard from somewhere that the main applicant not being in-country would be logged electronically and therefore associated with the dependent's passport at Border Force - is this true?

Many thanks in advance!

siavashes
Iran

Re: Tier 1 (E) dependent travelling without main applicant

Post by siavashes » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:31 pm

goldenbat6 wrote:Hello all,

I have been looking for any conditions that may be imposed on the dependents for the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) category but could not seem to find any specific information in this regard and wondered if anyone had knowledge/experience in this matter.

Given that the main applicant has been out of the country since September 2014 (hence, nearly 4 months) though the visa is nowhere near expiry, can the dependent travel internationally without any restrictions?

I heard from somewhere that the main applicant not being in-country would be logged electronically and therefore associated with the dependent's passport at Border Force - is this true?

Many thanks in advance!
there is no restriction for dependant, only main applicant need to be in country for min 180 days in order to engage with his business .
thank you :)

goldenbat6
Newly Registered

Post by goldenbat6 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:32 pm

Thanks so much for your reply siavashes!

In that case, am I correct in thinking that the dependent's visa won't become invalid due to the main applicant being absent from the UK despite the dependent nature of the visa?

Just recently had a scare at the UK border returning from a short trip when the officer asked "So where is the main applicant?" - it felt like some sort of a loaded/trick question...

Many thanks again!

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:29 pm

Hi

True expect such tricky and silly quedtions at aitports. I suggest if main applicant is abroad perhaps on business just say so.... Remdmber at the time of extension ans ILR main applicant shojld not have been abroad for over 180 days in any year. Keep in mind.

Best