ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 2015

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILRSeeker2015
Newly Registered

ILR 2015

Post by ILRSeeker2015 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:26 pm

I came to UK on 21 March 2010 (Tier 2 ICT migrant, stamp date 19 March 2010) & had an extension in April 2013 (Tier 2 ICT long term staff).
Am I eligible for ILR? If yes what is the earliest date I can apply for ILR?
Appriciate your early answer for my question.

ILRSeeker2015
Newly Registered

Re: ILR 2015

Post by ILRSeeker2015 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:07 pm

Hi Mancy & All Experts,

Please review my case & share your valuable thoughts on below.
I was granted Tier 2 ICT Migrant visa under the rules in place before 6 April 2010 (Outside UK) (VISA stamp on my passport states 'ICT Migrant) (Entered UK on 19 March 2010) & I got this visa extended in 2013 (within UK) but in my BRP (Biometric Resident Permit) it is mentioned as Tier 2 ICT Long Term Leave To Remain. Is this going to create problem for me to apply for Indefinite Leave To Remain (I am planning to apply for ILR in March 2015)? Because as per the the UKBA website, most recent category has to be Tier 2 ICT Migrant. Appriciate your help in this regard.Below are the exact dates.

TIER 2 (INT COM TRAN) MIGRANT followed by Cos number (Valid from 11/03/2010, valid until 22/04/2013)

Applied for extension in April 2013 & got extension (Biometric Resident Permit) BRP card which mentions as below,

T2 ICT LONG TERM
LEAVE TO REMAIN

The problem is that while applying for extension I ticked wrong category as below,

Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) under the rules in place before 6 April 2010 if you are
changing sponsor Go to Section M - Ticked this

a Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) migrant granted under the Rules in place before 6 April
2010 Go to question L10 - Did not notice this (I think I should have ticked this)

And left below options blank,
L10. Is your current or last grant of leave in the same category as that for which you are
now applying? - Left this field blank (I think I should have ticked 'Yes')

L11. Are you still working for the same employer as you were at the time of your last grant
of leave? - Left this field blank (I think I should have ticked 'Yes')

(FYI, I got this extension while working for the same employer)

I am confused about the below points in ILR requirements in UKBA.

The applicant has spent a continuous period of five years in the UK lawfully, the most recent period of leave must have been as a Tier 2 (Intracompany transfer) migrant in any of the following categories
Tier 2 (Intra-company transfer)
qualifying work permit holder, or
representative of an overseas business

The continued period of leave (above) must include a period of leave as:
Tier 2 (Intra-company transfer) migrant granted under the rules in place before 6 April 2010

I am now nervous that the above may be a problem while applying for my ILR in March 2015. Can you please suggest whether this is going to be a problem?

Thanks & Kindest Regards,

ILRSeeker2015
Newly Registered

Re: ILR 2015

Post by ILRSeeker2015 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:12 pm

Can one of the Gurus respond to my query please?