ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CGI birmingham experience

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gbhsmp
United Kingdom

CGI birmingham experience

Post by gbhsmp » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:20 pm

Hi all

Wanted to share the CGI birmingham experience of mine.

I booked appointment and went really early (about 7.30 in the morning). There was nobody and people started coming and queueing at about 8.00am. At the end around 9.00am just when the shutters opened, there was a decent long queue.
Several people were sent back if they do not have the appointment letter
Once the security does basic check (switch off cell phone ... etc., ) they send you to 1st floor.
You sit there until being called (by name). The timings were prompt. The counters opened exactly at 9.30AM.
The person in the counter checked my docs and then asked for the originals. After seeing originals I was asked for fees. I paid in cash. Overall less than 5mins near the counter.

Came out of the building all finished ....
Now its time to wait for the processing to happen ...

Documents
1. Indian cancelled passport front and back photocopy
2. Indian passport surrender certificate copy
3. Naturalisation certificate copy
4. British passport photocopy of the front photo page
5. 2x photos (one pasted on the form and the other to be given in the counter)

All documents self-attested (not sure if it needs to be self attested copies if they are going to verify with originals but I did mine).

Points to remember:

1. Without appointment NOBODY is allowed inside the building. Book an appointment by going https://www.visaservices.co.in/CGI-Birm ... lcome.aspx for _ANY_ service you are wishing to take.
2. Take your originals with you. All of them (better to even take the ILR BRP (if you have it with you). There is a photocopy machine inside the consulate and anything can be photocopied then and there to avoid coming back another day.
3. Go early (around 7.30AM- 8.00AM was the best in my case).
4. Take EXACT cash £175 (as of today <- check if this amount is correct when this post is being read in future).
5. Calmly sit at the end of the row chairs and check that you have got all the originals back with you before you exit the premises (NO originals need to be submitted).