ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multiple trips

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sirlim

Multiple trips

Post by sirlim » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:58 pm

Happy New Year everyone! I successfully completed a Schengen trip to Germany and the Netherlands. I am hoping to apply in the coming months, but this time I may wish to mount 2 separate trips: one to Denmark and France, and another to Poland and Germany. Which embassy should I apply with I decide to allocate my time between the following places and want to go through the process only once for all of them (application + transport costs are at £100 per round, especially since VFS charges a premium of more than £20)?

TRIP 1
Denmark (3 nights)
Belgium (1 night)
France (2 nights); or

Denmark (2 nights)
Sweden (1 night)
Belgium (1 night)
France (2 nights)

TRIP 2
Poland (2 nights)
Germany (3 nights)

sirlim

Re: Multiple trips

Post by sirlim » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:45 am

Hello again, I was just wondering which embassy do we apply at if we have 'split' trips, especially in the second scenario where we split 2 nights each between Denmark and France but have a German trip afterwards lasting for 3 nights?

Also, what if we had a similar scenario for the first trip: 2 nights in Denmark, 1 night Sweden, 1 night Belgium, 1 night France, but after 2 months we mount 3 nights each in Poland and Germany? (all countries are mentioned in the order in which they will be visited, i.e. Denmark and Poland are the first destinations in each round)

How is one's experience with getting a visa from the Danish, German or Polish embassy?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:21 pm

the first trip determines which schengen authority to choose hence Danish embassy on both scenarios.
proof of planned future trips will help you to get double/multiple entry visas - but some embassies are known to be generous than others.

sirlim

Post by sirlim » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:32 pm

When you say proof of future trips, must this include the 2nd return ticket or could it just be preliminary hotel reservations? Let's consider that this is the Danish embassy of London we are dealing with.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:12 pm

well, it entirely depends on the embassy. i don't how flexible or rigid the danes are in this matter.