ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR vs EC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jimmy50
Newly Registered

FLR vs EC

Post by jimmy50 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:35 pm

Hello
I have recently had my HSMP application approved which is a great relief. Thanks to everyone's help on this forum with that.

Now I must apply for leave to remain, or an entry clearance. The thing is, I don't know which one to get. I have been living here in the UK for close to a year on a working holiday visa. However I am heading home soon for a holiday in Australia, where I'm from. I believe it is a lot cheaper to apply for an EC in Australia rather than the FLR in the UK. Can I do that when I'm in Australia, or can I only get the FLR in the UK given I've been residing there?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Jimmy

fairlady231
Newly Registered

Post by fairlady231 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:12 pm

it depends on you actually. I think sometimes it is easier applying from UK since u have been here and u can approve that u can sustain urself without recourse to public funds and u have accomodation.
when u re applying for EC, u might have to produce more documents....am not certain....just my opinion

bani

Re: FLR vs EC

Post by bani » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:17 pm

You can do it either way.

My advice is if you can get an appointment in Australia, do it there. I find the British consulates overseas much faster than the Home Office here in processing visas. Just make sure your documents are complete.
jimmy50 wrote:Hello
I have recently had my HSMP application approved which is a great relief. Thanks to everyone's help on this forum with that.

Now I must apply for leave to remain, or an entry clearance. The thing is, I don't know which one to get. I have been living here in the UK for close to a year on a working holiday visa. However I am heading home soon for a holiday in Australia, where I'm from. I believe it is a lot cheaper to apply for an EC in Australia rather than the FLR in the UK. Can I do that when I'm in Australia, or can I only get the FLR in the UK given I've been residing there?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Jimmy