ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

akshiuk
Newly Registered

ILR Queries

Post by akshiuk » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:39 pm

Hi All,

This forum has been a wonderful source of information for all my UK Visa queries till date. I am now applying for ILR and have a few queries which I am hoping the gurus and other experienced members will be able to help with. Sorry about the long post but I have tried to give as many details as I could so that you can understand my concerns.

1.) If I understand correctly, I need to fill in one single Set(O) form for myself and my wife. Is this understanding correct ? My confusion is arising since I cannot find any place where a dependent needs to sign, unlike a Tier 1 application where a dependent had their own form.

2.) I have a UK born child as a Tier 1 dependent (our Tier 1 expires early 2017). I am not planning on including him on the ILR application and am thinking of applying for UK Citizenship for him once my ILR is approved. My query here is, what happens if my ILR is not approved for some reason ? Will we be on the old Tier 1 again (the one which expires 2017) or will we need go back (since the ILR is refused)? If that is the case, then I may want to include him so that he has any appeal rights as I will have.

3.) Can anybody advise if its possible to apply for a new visa in the ICT category while in the UK or can we only extend existing permission to stay? I arrived in the UK on a Tier 2 (ICT) visa in Feb 2010. I had an extension (I think it was an extension) in Aug 2010 and then switched to Tier 1. My confusion here is whether the extension was an extension or a new visa ? The old company people are not helping me and I do not have any means of connecting my old visa to the one issued in Aug 2010 to confirm that its an extension. If it is an extension then I can apply now, else I will need to wait till I complete 5 years on my Tier 1.

4.) Cohabitation proofs: Our last extension was in Jan 2014. I am thinking of providing the following from that date till now as cohabitation proofs:

- Council Tax letter which is jointly in our names

- Tenancy agreement which is jointly in our names

- Separate NHS Letters for her and me at the same address

- Separate Bank Statements at same address for me and her

Are these sufficient or will we need additional proof ? And am I correctly taking only from "last leave to remain" time or should I take proofs extending to 2 years ?

Looking forward for your advice folks.

Many thanks in advance,

Akshi