ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel with ILR after MN1 Registration Certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sensekm
Newly Registered

Travel with ILR after MN1 Registration Certificate

Post by sensekm » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:42 pm

Hi,

I recently obtained ILR for me and family members including 1 year UK born child. Applied ILR for my child because I have immediate travel commitments.

I'm in the process of registering my child for BC and aware that she is allowed to travel while the application in process. My query is mainly around whether child can travel with original passport(Indian) and ILR (BRP) after she gets her British Citizenship registration certificate from Home Office.

Is there any requirement that we need to apply British Passport immediately after receiving registration certificate and the baby must travel using only British passport?

zeusmagnanimous

Re: Travel with ILR after MN1 Registration Certificate

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:33 pm

sensekm wrote:Hi,

I recently obtained ILR for me and family members including 1 year UK born child. Applied ILR for my child because I have immediate travel commitments.

I'm in the process of registering my child for BC and aware that she is allowed to travel while the application in process. My query is mainly around whether child can travel with original passport(Indian) and ILR (BRP) after she gets her British Citizenship registration certificate from Home Office.

Is there any requirement that we need to apply British Passport immediately after receiving registration certificate and the baby must travel using only British passport?
There is no requirement to apply for british passport ever if you dont need it. The thing you need to know is that India does not allow dual citizenship which means that once you get naturalized you have a grace period of 90 days to surrender your indian passport. This period is counted from the date written on the naturalization certificate. Within this period you can travel on your passport without any penalty. If the baby plans to return within these 90 days then there is no need to apply for british passport. hope this helps.

sensekm
Newly Registered

Re: Travel with ILR after MN1 Registration Certificate

Post by sensekm » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:50 pm

Hi Zeus,
Thanks very much for your direct and timely response.