ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Member Residence Permit - Paper Doc. - Schengen

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RBou
Newly Registered

EEA Family Member Residence Permit - Paper Doc. - Schengen

Post by RBou » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:53 pm

Hello,

My husband is a Tunisian national and has a 5 year eea family member residence permit (I am british but we used the Surrinder Singh route).

We wish to travel to France together in 2 weeks time, and hope that in 6 weeks time my husband will travel to meet me in Berlin where I will be on a business trip.

I understand that as we are travelling to Francr together, it is not necessary for us to obtain a Schengen visa - but we decided to do so as it will be easier for us (we always have issues at immigration!) and also then he has his Schengen ready so he can travel to join me in Berlin in 6 weeks time.

He went for his Schengen appointment today but he was told his application wouldn't be accepted by the French consulate as his residence permit is a separate paper document and not stamped in his passport.

I checked the Germany consulate information and it seems they may also have the same rule. I wondered if anyone has experience or similar issues in obtaining a Schengen visa with a paper RP and not one stamped in the passport?

I called the home office today and they said he would just need to apply for a new RP - but we can't wait another 5 months!!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

mgb

Re: EEA Family Member Residence Permit - Paper Doc. - Scheng

Post by mgb » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:33 pm

Ask solvit for help.
http://ec.europa.eu/solvit/

A RP shouldn't be needed anyway for a visa.

a_c
Newly Registered

Post by a_c » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:20 pm

Hello! I am in the exact situation. I am an EEA family member with the permit issued on a piece of paper from the home office. I have to travel to France alone as my partner is travelling earlier for work but the consulate is refusing to take my application. Solvit are not helping. Did you make any progress? I am trying to apply through another embassy.

mgb

Post by mgb » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:47 am

Why is solvit not helping?
Did you mention that you want to join your partner in France?

a_c
Newly Registered

Post by a_c » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:36 am

mgb wrote:Why is solvit not helping?
Did you mention that you want to join your partner in France?
I have written to Solvit but no response! It probably takes them about 10 days to respond but I have to travel on the 9th of Feb and I still haven't applied for a visa as it seems impossible!

a_c
Newly Registered

Post by a_c » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:41 am

Solvit has come back to me and are helping me with the case! If you are in the same situation, contact them.