ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to apply for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

noapsi
Newly Registered

How to apply for spouse visa

Post by noapsi » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:48 am

Hello please i really need your help people. My husband is stays in the UK and I am currently in Nigeria and we are about to put in our application for spouse visa. We are a little confused because we have gotten two diffident advice on where to send the application. Someone said he can apply in UK but the other said it has to be my home country ie Nigeria. Pls can someone clarify this for me. Also the time frame. How long does it take to come out. Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Re: How to apply for spouse visa

Post by manci » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:30 pm

you need to apply in Nigeria.
For processing times see: https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y

Rayking

Re: How to apply for spouse visa

Post by Rayking » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:38 pm

You apply in Nigeria to submit your passport, tb certificate, appendix 2 form,and copy of your submitted application form.
However you want to do it,your proof of English language will be submitted by your husband with ALL the documents he will be sending to Sheffield from UK.
In summary, you submit your passport over there, he sends all other documents from UK to Sheffield.