ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Born, FATHER ILR,MOTHER DEPENDENT ON WORK PERMIT.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dvkrn
Newly Registered

UK Born, FATHER ILR,MOTHER DEPENDENT ON WORK PERMIT.

Post by dvkrn » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:07 am

I m looking to apply for BC for my daughter, born 2013 in UK- when i was on my work permit, so was my wife.
in 2014 i got my ILR.

My daughter & wife are still dependants on my work permit.

Given that its been an year on ILR for me, i am going to apply for BC,

Every time i read the requirements for minor to register as BC, it mentions "PARENTS" ?

1} can I make AN application & MN1 application at the same time ?
2) can I actually apply for BC for daughter given ONLY ONE PARENT WILL BE A BC?

ANY ADVICE PLEASE?

APOLOGIES,I DID NOTICE THREADs WITH SAME QUERIES, BUT IT SEEMS SLIGHTLY OLD.

vinny

Re: UK Born, FATHER ILR,MOTHER DEPENDENT ON WORK PERMIT.

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:19 am

1. Yes.
2. Yes.

Why didn't your wife apply for ILR?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

dvkrn
Newly Registered

Re: UK Born, FATHER ILR,MOTHER DEPENDENT ON WORK PERMIT.

Post by dvkrn » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:35 pm

Thanks Vinny,

She was never a never a dependant on my Visa, we got married in 2012 ( after the rule change). It was only in back end in 2013 I changed her to my dependant visa !

She came to uk on student visa in 2007, She had her PSW from 2010 to 2011, then her t2 work permit from 2011 onwards, whilst applying for my daughter dependant visa(2013) I added to my t2 work permit as dependant(just before applying for my ILR), she remains in the same visa. The plan is to apply for ILR. taking the 10 yr route. I will have to apply for her extension in 2016 as the dependant visa was given for 3 yrs only :( !

I know it's long winded approach ! We just have to bide the time.

Instead of her qualifying for ILR in 2016, she will be qualifying in 2017! I'm keen to find out what's happening based on the latest EU Ruling on non European spouse married to British Citizens. (British guy marrying a Columbian, living in Spain , who challenged UK requirement for visas )

We are sacrificing a year for the sake of mobile with work !

Thanks for your reply.