ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

starting off

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eyeitch
Newly Registered

starting off

Post by eyeitch » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:47 am

Hi folks...just want to know if my American wife can come to Ireland and meet up with me here.or do we have to arrive together...thanks

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Re: starting off

Post by 357mag » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:11 pm

As an American I believe she can go to Ireland as a tourist without a visa.
What your nationality?
Are you doing EU treaty rights as an EEA citizen or are you Irish and seeking reunification there?

Ah checked your previous threads and see you are UK citizen doing a surinder Singh.

Yep its ok she can enter Ireland as a visitor and you can start from there, good luck.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

eyeitch
Newly Registered

Post by eyeitch » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:05 am

Thanks mate. I just want to exercise my treaty rights.. the only thing that bothered me was do we need to arrive together?.. in a nutshell . We went to Ireland before .but stayed for 45 days due to not working. We sailed over to scotland and my wife and kids have been asked to leave . So.if she is put on a plane to USA can she fly back in to Ireland with the kids and exercise her treaty rights with me....cheers

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:06 am

Argh you messed up.
Normally you would be there first and she would "join" or she would come with you "accompany", but an American can travel without visa so you should be ok to join her in Ireland.
In a nutshell you dont need to arrive together.

Now the messed up bit, Ireland are likely to say you are only going there as a way to get into the UK, by going to Scotland will be their proof. Thats grounds to refuse a visa, it shouldn't hurt a treaty rights case but she might be refused entry.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

eyeitch
Newly Registered

Post by eyeitch » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:13 pm

As far as I have seen as my spouse she could be refused entry if she were a threat to public policy, public health or safety. I've emailed garda and eu treaty ddivision of immigration and both have given generic answers. None have said they would refuse entry, they have said it's up to the person at the border. I'm waiting on a response back from eu as well. So what I'm asking is.can they turn us away and how could they? Also we all have pps numbers and bank accounts in Ireland...thanks for your time

mgb

Post by mgb » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:43 pm

Who should refuse entry?
If she take the ferry from Scotland to Belfast there is no border control. If she take the train from Belfast to Dublin there is still no border control.
If she take a airplane to Dublin and a officer ask questions she present the marriage certificate and tell the officer her husband is waiting at the airport.
So where is the problem?

eyeitch
Newly Registered

Post by eyeitch » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:57 pm

I am just unsure. UK immigration wants us to submit a letter or statement from ROI saying she won't be refused entry or they will only give her passport back as she leaves UK. They also told us that me being eu only applies to me but doesnt cover her as my spouse. We would rather leave from here together and enter roi rather than her go back to the states. Can the UK do that?

mgb

Post by mgb » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:26 pm

Did you ask solvit for help?
Forcing the spouse of a eu citizen to leave the whole EU/EEA cannot be legit.
Btw are the kids british?

eyeitch
Newly Registered

Post by eyeitch » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:36 pm

Yes I did thanks...UK immigration have my wife's passport and want her to go back to the states incase she tries to get back to UK.so we had to apply to home office for right to family life just to give us a bit of time.So while we wait it out.we can prepare for Ireland.we r just worried that when we ask for passports back.they say no and send my wife back to USA

mgb

Post by mgb » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:48 pm

The uk immigration cannot withdraw the right of free movement inside the eu/eea area from a family member of a eu citizen.