ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 General dependant maternity treatment cost?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

T1&IT
Newly Registered

Tier1 General dependant maternity treatment cost?

Post by T1&IT » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:57 pm

Hi,
I have ILR based on Tier1 general and my wife is on my Tier1 general dependent visa(valid for 3 year). she arrived 10 month ago in uk and this month a baby is born to us in UK.On her arrival she registered with GP and her maternity treatment was carried on local health center.

We discharge from hospital and get all documents and this week we get a letter from hospital that "she is visitor and might be need to pay for hospital treatment. In the letter they ask for evidence that approve that she is ordinary residence and not visitor otherwise we have to pay for maternity expenditure."

Can you please advise me which documents i need to send and i need to send original or copies?
Second my wife has 3 year visa but she arrived 10 month ago and does not complete 12 month here in UK.Does she fall under ordinary residence category or not?

T1&IT
Newly Registered

Re: Tier1 General dependant maternity treatment cost?

Post by T1&IT » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:59 pm

?

Malik44

Re: Tier1 General dependant maternity treatment cost?

Post by Malik44 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:17 pm

As per NHS link its appears your wife is entitled for free treatment as she have more than 12 months visa and her current visa is route to settlement" that will allow permanent residence in due course.

please read following link and send a copy of her visa with cover letter hopefully you will be fine.
http://www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/1087.aspx?c ... goryid=162

hope it helps.