ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application for TIER II Dependent, Independent of Main

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Baghbaaz
Newly Registered

ILR Application for TIER II Dependent, Independent of Main

Post by Baghbaaz » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:59 pm

Hi Guys,

I urgently need your guidance regarding my eligibility to apply for ILR as a dependent.

My Wife holds a TIER II General work permit and started working for a UK based firm on June 16th 2013(In Amsterdam) and first entered in UK July 6 2013. I entered UK on 2nd Sep 2013 as her dependent and been working since. Due to her work she has to constantly travel outside UK, and she might have to stay out of UK for more than 180 days in the period 6th July 2014-15 and in subsequent periods.

I wanted to know the following:
1. If she is residing out of UK (more than 180 days) due to work reasons, would her employer's letter be considered while applying for ILR ?
2. Any maternity leave taken out of UK, does it add to 180 days absences ?
3. If she is not able to meet the ILR criterion due to above, can I independently apply for ILR ? Please note I entered UK in Sep2013, her 5 year (current validity 1st June 2016) extension will end on 1st June 2018.

Will be great help if you could clarify .

Regards,
BB