ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

[Help] Appeal to the FTT on Article 8 ECHR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

joeytra
Newly Registered

[Help] Appeal to the FTT on Article 8 ECHR

Post by joeytra » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:25 pm

I came to the UK in 2011 as an illegal migrant. At that time, I was 15 years old. The HO refused my asylum case, but granted me DLM till 17 & half. I failed to apply for Futher Leave to Remain on a circumstance, and lodged in a late application. The HO also refused the application & give me the Right to Appeal on some basic grounds. I lodged an Appeal , also had my Case management hearing already. The Full Hearing expected on the 2nd of Feb. :|

My ground of Appeal is about Article 8, Family & Private Life. Some of my background are:
- I am 18 & half years old now
- I have been living with my foster parents (I am still living with them now). They also support me and will be my witnesses on the hearing day.
- Full time education (with high achievement in my subject, about to apply to university)
- Friends.

I would like to ask what the chance of success is? I knew that almost cases are weak if they are appealed on the Article 8. My solicitor said that it also depends on the Judge as well.
Could anyone also please tell me what I could do to make my case stronger & what would I do on the Hearing Day because I dont have a barrister due to some circumstances? Thank you :(

aiza78601

Re: [Help] Appeal to the FTT on Article 8 ECHR

Post by aiza78601 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:45 pm

do u have family members in back home? parents,siblings ?

joeytra
Newly Registered

Post by joeytra » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:23 am

aiza78601 wrote:do u have family members in back home? parents,siblings ?
Hi Aiza, my father died in 2011, my mother left home to 2010 & as my father said she came to the UK to get married. I don't have any brothers or sisters but have 1 grandmother who is not blood related. :?

joeytra
Newly Registered

Post by joeytra » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:42 pm

Someone please help me!!! I only have 2 weeks left till my Full Hearing day. Thank you so much in advance everyone. :roll:

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:03 am

A barrister who fully knows your circumstances might be able to argue about your human right.My suggestion is get legal help with your appeal.

joeytra
Newly Registered

Post by joeytra » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:45 pm

peppekalle wrote:A barrister who fully knows your circumstances might be able to argue about your human right.My suggestion is get legal help with your appeal.
I have been contacted with my solicitors about that, but she said my case with or without a barrister still will be the same. She doesn't expected my case going to win. My question is: would I book an barrister or not? Thank you.