ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturisation Application Submission Date

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mind_The_Gap

Naturisation Application Submission Date

Post by Mind_The_Gap » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:55 pm

Hi Amber / Seniors,

Judging from a few of the naturalisation timeline posts, the processing of applications seems to take a minimum of four odd weeks. My "1 year on ILR requirement" will be completed on 4-April-2015. With this in mind, I’m dabbling with the idea of submitting my application (via post) a month earlier on 4-Mar-2015. By the time the case worker does the necessary checks the 1 year requirement would have elapsed. Thoughts Amber / Seniors ?

Mind_The_Gap

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Re: Naturisation Application Submission Date

Post by akhurshid » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:16 pm

Mind_The_Gap wrote:Hi Amber / Seniors,

Judging from a few of the naturalisation timeline posts, the processing of applications seems to take a minimum of four odd weeks. My "1 year on ILR requirement" will be completed on 4-April-2015. With this in mind, I’m dabbling with the idea of submitting my application (via post) a month earlier on 4-Mar-2015. By the time the case worker does the necessary checks the 1 year requirement would have elapsed. Thoughts Amber / Seniors ?

Mind_The_Gap
That will not work. Its not the date CW works on your application HO considers. It's the date HO receives your application matters. I suggest you apply no earlier than 3rd of April.

Mind_The_Gap

Re: Naturisation Application Submission Date

Post by Mind_The_Gap » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:48 pm

akhurshid wrote:
Mind_The_Gap wrote:Hi Amber / Seniors,

Mind_The_Gap
That will not work. Its not the date CW works on your application HO considers. It's the date HO receives your application matters. I suggest you apply no earlier than 3rd of April.
Thanks akhurshid. Appreciate the reply.