ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bachelor of Technology in PBS - JNTU Hyderabad (URGENT PLZ)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kayramu
Newly Registered

Bachelor of Technology in PBS - JNTU Hyderabad (URGENT PLZ)

Post by kayramu » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:57 pm

Hi,
This website is really helpful in providing valuable suggestions.

I need to go for ILR by this month end and need to prove English Language requirement for my wife. I'm planning to get "Qualification recognized on the points-based calculator" for her.
She has done Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) - Mechanical Engineering from JNTU, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad, India. When I look for that in PBS calculator I could n't find Bachelor of Technology. In fact not in any other Indian Universities. Bachelor of Science/Arts are there.
There is one which is Professional Bachelor's degree but in the subject there is no mechanical. We have Engineering as a Subject.
Can I use the above for her qualification?

I got a certificate from JNTU Hyderabad but they had given a generic certificate that "All courses in JNTU are taught in English". But as per the guidelines it says that the Candidate Name and Course have to be mentioned in the certificate.

I took English Language Assessment from UK Naric. UKBA states that we need to have "taught or researched in English" letter too. Can I get this from UK Naric? If so what is it called?

Can someone guide me the best approach with the time I have.
Thanks.

Regards
Ram.

paone

Re: Bachelor of Technology in PBS - JNTU Hyderabad (URGENT

Post by paone » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:09 pm

ualifications

Country of study:

State:

Qualification:

Awarding institution or body (see Help below):

Course length:

Course subject:

Year of award:

Help on this question (opens new window)

paone

Post by paone » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:17 pm

/

kayramu
Newly Registered

Post by kayramu » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:55 pm

Hi Paone,

Thanks a lot for your valuable time and sending the screen shots.
Do you think with my Wife's qualification (Bachelor of Technology - Mechanical Engineering), can I go ahead with the details you have provided in your screen shot?

Because Bachelor of Science (3 Years) is different from Bachelor of Technology (4 Years) and the subject we are choosing here is "Technology" instead of "Mechanical".

Is there anyone else who has done Engineering from JNTU Hyderabad and gone with PBS Calculator as a proof English Language Requirement?

Please suggest.

Regards
Rama.

balajiV
Newly Registered

Post by balajiV » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:09 am

Hi Rama,

I am also in same situation now, could you please share your experience.

i did my B.Tech(Electronics and Communication Engineering ) from JNTU, kakinada.

And i don't see B.Tech option in UK visa PBS calculator-qualification drop down.

Could you please suggest me, How did you manage the English language requirement ?

Thanks in advance,
Balaji

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:45 am

I only selected Bachelors Degree although I have done BE in comp science and no questions were asked.

balajiV
Newly Registered

Post by balajiV » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:23 am

Hi, thanks a lot for quick reply.

Also could you please let me know what did you selected in Subject dropdown (Engineering/ Technology) ?

Because, mine is B.Tech(Electronics and Communication Engineering ), and the Subject dropdown contains diff options alone with Engineering and Technology. So I am bit confused.

Thanks in advance,
Balaji

ajity
Newly Registered

Post by ajity » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:30 pm

Hi kayramu and balajiV

How was your problem sorted out ?

Can anyone advise what should be selected in Qualifications dropdown and Subjects dropdown in PBS calculator for UK Visas ?

ajity
Newly Registered

Post by ajity » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:57 am

ajity wrote:Hi kayramu and balajiV

How was your problem sorted out ?

Can anyone advise what should be selected in Qualifications dropdown and Subjects dropdown in PBS calculator for UK Visas ?
Just an update that I have got my ILR now.

I used PBS calculator screenshots to prove english language requirement.

I have a B.Tech Degree. In PBS calculator,I selected 'Professional Bachelors Degree' in Qualifications and 'Technology' in Subjects.

everfor

Re: Bachelor of Technology in PBS - JNTU Hyderabad (URGENT PLZ)

Post by everfor » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:41 pm

My wife had done btech from Jntu and she is applying for her ilr. Could you please share the screenshot of jntu PBS, so that she can use for her ILR apply. Email id: email address removed by moderator. Appreciate your reply.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Bachelor of Technology in PBS - JNTU Hyderabad (URGENT PLZ)

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:55 pm

everfor wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:41 pm
My wife had done btech from Jntu and she is applying for her ilr. Could you please share the screenshot of jntu PBS, so that she can use for her ILR apply. Email id: email address removed by moderator. Appreciate your reply.
Kindly refrain from digging up topics that are more than 2 years old. You have already been told that there is no longer a PBS calculator and you are not able to use a PBS calculator anymore and will need UK NARIC ELA red route.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-tier-1-d ... l#p1540312
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.