ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T2G to T2G (change of Employment) - SOC code query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gspatel
Newly Registered

T2G to T2G (change of Employment) - SOC code query

Post by gspatel » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:12 pm

Hi
I am in best position on T2G to T2G (new sponsor - change of employment).
with the help of this forum all questions answered Thank you all so much. Salary (well above minimum), Start date of new employer and all those cautious questions etc.
COS also assigned. Ready to take appointment.

Only question (little bit worry but its may be my over thinking on it).
my curr COS has SOC CODE as - 2136 Programmers, and software development professionals
New assiged COS has SOC COCE as - 2135 IT business analysts, architects and systems designers
I know its Employer who decides about SOC CODE (salary offer is 35+K so worry about minimum). They decided this and dont know why because at the end of the day, I am Software developer. Actually 2136 is more suitable and Job advert also near to 2136.
What's your advise on this?
Does my VISA application have any impact of SOC CODE change from Curr COS to new COS? (Both cases salary was 35+)

I prefer it to be same as curr COS ' 2136 Programmers, and software development professionals'. If I inform my employer they may agree and ready to do but can they change it now or it has to be new COS?
Appreciate your quick response and many thanks