ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of name affects naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abBY20

Change of name affects naturalisation

Post by abBY20 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:49 pm

Hello all,
Very last question before submission
I am applying for naturalisation soon and I just realised I didn't state I changed my name on the form
I changed my last name to my husband but still bears my maiden name in my passport as its always causing confusion for me when my name on drivers license is different from passport
And I cant stand the stress of getting a new passport and getting my residents status transfered so I did a changed back to my former name which is the name have had all documents and identification and this was immediately and I don't have any identification or known by the previous name
So should declare it or not so as to have a more straightforward application???
I await everyones opinion
Cheers!!!

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Change of name affects naturalisation

Post by fwd079 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:53 pm

abBY20 wrote: I changed my last name to my husband but still bears my maiden name in my passport
Where else do you have your new full name?

Experts can tell you better, my view would be that if all supporting documents you have are on maiden name then why don't just go for maiden name and once get approval of Citizenship, change your name by Deed poll? I'll await experts on this though.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

abBY20

Re: Change of name affects naturalisation

Post by abBY20 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:22 pm

fwd079 wrote:
abBY20 wrote: I changed my last name to my husband but still bears my maiden name in my passport
Where else do you have your new full name?

Experts can tell you better, my view would be that if all supporting documents you have are on maiden name then why don't just go for maiden name and once get approval of Citizenship, change your name by Deed poll? I'll await experts on this though.
Thank you fwd079
I meant my name was changed on my drivers license only and I changed it back to what have got in my passport which is my maiden name ,I have all my documents on my maiden name so as to not contradict things
My question is that since I didnt bear the name anywhere apart from my license which has been changed to what it was before ,(maiden name)do I have to include it in the form as former name or I just move on?
Please I need clarification
Thanks you all in anticipation
Abby