ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI returning to India experiences

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gbhsmp
United Kingdom

OCI returning to India experiences

Post by gbhsmp » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:05 pm

Hi,

I am sure many have planned to go back to India (for good or for a long time ) and have done it successfully.
Can they share their experiences please ? There are lots of forums doing this but in this question I am particularly asking for information like

1. How often are you asked to disclose your citizenship for which the OCI and other documents/copies need to be submitted.
2. How often has such dicslosing the citizenship created hardships (with our Bureaucratic system of India)
3. What steps were taken.
eg:- 1. Is there a need to inform IT department and change PAN card to reflect the new citizenship
2. How to surrender voters ID or do people usually keep it and not use it ?
3. If one has ration card do you need to inform authorities ...
4. Any other tasks where govt. of India or respective state govt. needs to be informed voluntarily by the OCI holder of his citizenship
4. How often do people convert all the savings account to NRE/NRO ?

... any other such advices of vetrans who have survived successfully in INDIA.

Thanks.

gbhsmp
United Kingdom

Re: OCI returning to India experiences

Post by gbhsmp » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:33 pm

anybody ? Gurus ?

ociuk
Newly Registered

Re: OCI returning to India experiences

Post by ociuk » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:40 pm

Hi,
I am an OCI card holder, can anyone advice how I can apply for a PAN card? and do I need to submit any original documents etc,
Thanks,
Raj.