ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing Roles with Employer under Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PatV
Newly Registered

Changing Roles with Employer under Tier 2

Post by PatV » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:10 pm

Hi everyone......need a quick reply to my question pls I have got the Tier 2 (General) Visa from last 3 years which I extended for another 3 years in Dec 2014. My role was BA and in the CoS but I have also done good amount of Web Developing as well. However, due to lack of work my employer is going to curtailed (cancelled) Certificate of Sponsorship. Therefore, I am planning to change my sponsor.

Now I have found a role and a company how is welling to sponsor me. However, this is a Web Developer Designing and there is a deep in the salary 8k (but over the required level under this job code).

Please advice if I can apply for this as there is the change of the role and we have just extended visa last month. Will the UKBA approve my application?

Or what are my options?

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Changing Roles with Employer under Tier 2

Post by moonlight55 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:50 am

Note that if there's a change in role, the new employer will have to conduct RLMT before they can sponsor you (unless the new job in in the shortage occupation list).

It does not matter that you've previous extension was last month. You can still apply for a Tier 2 (General) switch provided all the pre-conditions are fulfilled.

Anamik

Post by Anamik » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:34 am

Hi everyone......need a quick reply to my question pls I have got the Tier 2 (General) Visa from last 3 years which I extended for another 3 years in Dec 2014. My role was BA and in the CoS but I have also done good amount of Web Developing as well. However, due to lack of work my employer is going to curtailed (cancelled) Certificate of Sponsorship. Therefore, I am planning to change my sponsor.

Now I have found a role and a company how is welling to sponsor me. However, this is a Web Developer Designing and there is a deep in the salary 8k (but over the required level under this job code).

Please advice if I can apply for this as there is the change of the role and we have just extended visa last month. Will the UKBA approve my application?

Or what are my options?
Hi PatV,

I am also in the same situation as you was.

My current role is as a Programmer with 33k salary.

Currently I am thinking to change my job as my current employer do not have enough projects in a hand.

I also have received a new job offer(sponsored) Web Designer role with 26k salary which is well above the code but 7k less than my current salary.

Please advice me whether I go with the application?? and what will be the issues this application will raise?

Any suggestion and advice are welcome from all the members/non members

Thanks,
Anamik

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:34 am

@Anamik
the prospective new sponsor will have to carry out a RLMT and, if successful (from your point of view), assign a CoS to you before you can apply to switch.

Check that they have a sponsor licence.

The new min salary for job SOC code 2137 is £23,400 from 6 April (for a 39 hour week)

Anamik

Post by Anamik » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:26 pm

manci wrote:@Anamik
the prospective new sponsor will have to carry out a RLMT and, if successful (from your point of view), assign a CoS to you before you can apply to switch.

Check that they have a sponsor licence.

The new min salary for job SOC code 2137 is £23,400 from 6 April (for a 39 hour week)
Thanks Manci. According to the new employer they have done RLMT properly. But still main part of a question is unanswered. Can deep of 7k in salary make my application any problem??
If yes then what will be the issues??

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:50 pm

Anamik wrote:Thanks Manci. According to the new employer they have done RLMT properly. But still main part of a question is unanswered. Can deep of 7k in salary make my application any problem??
the fact that your salary in the new job will be less than in the old job makes no difference as long as it is at least the appropriate rate as per c.o.p.