ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

salary change for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

filly23

salary change for spouse visa

Post by filly23 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:34 am

Hi

I started my new job in September 2014 and I was given my employment contract with the salary I will be earning.However in December all staff got a pay increase of 2.5% which would be £875 added on to my current salary.
This increase will be different to the amount that is written on my employment contract.

My question is do I state the amount I get that's written on my employment contract or add the new figure into it?Bearing in mind I only have a email to prove this pay increase that was sent to all the staff and my employment contract has not been updated.

I'm worried that my husbands spouse visa will be refused because of this.

I would be grateful if anyone could help me with this.

philemon_bodiba

Re: salary change for spouse visa

Post by philemon_bodiba » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:45 am

filly23 wrote:Hi

I started my new job in September 2014 and I was given my employment contract with the salary I will be earning.However in December all staff got a pay increase of 2.5% which would be £875 added on to my current salary.
This increase will be different to the amount that is written on my employment contract.

My question is do I state the amount I get that's written on my employment contract or add the new figure into it?Bearing in mind I only have a email to prove this pay increase that was sent to all the staff and my employment contract has not been updated.

I'm worried that my husbands spouse visa will be refused because of this.

I would be grateful if anyone could help me with this.
Don't worry about that. A letter from your employer is an update of that. It should state your gross annual income and how long you've been earning that amount; length of employment and if you're employed on a permanent basis and so on.
Pa

filly23

Post by filly23 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:33 pm

Thank you very much for your quick reply Philemon_bodiba. So I should just state the original amount I'm getting paid that's written on my employment contract on the spouse visa form and just explain the pay increase in the additional information section?

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:00 pm

It's not what's on your employment contract they want.it's what your income is in the last six months multiplied by 2,it's the income by the way they want you to calculate it,and that's what they expect from your employer too.
There shouldn't be any discrepancy or it can result in a refusal.

filly23

Post by filly23 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:35 am

Thank you rayking but I'm still a little confused here. I know the employment contract just states when I started the job and how much I get paid yearly etc. But for the first 3 months I was getting paid a certain amount and the last 2 months my pay increased.

So your saying that I should write down my new salary with the pay increase included?

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:14 am

Once your employer follows the format the employment letter needs to be in it will be clear to them that you had a pay increase.
The employment letter is to reflect how things are currently as some people have been in the same jobs for years and obviously income can go up or down.

filly23

Post by filly23 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:56 am

@ sohopeful

The only problem is I have not received a new employment contract.The information about the pay increase was sent to all the staff by email.

I've only been in this job for 4 months.For the first three months I was getting paid the same amount and for the next 3 months my pay would have increased due to the pay increase.so my yearly salary will be different to that of 3 months ago.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:22 pm

That wont be a problem. But its important the employment letter is accurate to reflect your current situation.

filly23

Post by filly23 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:04 pm

@sohopeful

I have noticed in my employment contract it states the salary I should get paid would be £31500 up to £36300 a year.So i'm assuming this would be enough and I would not need need another employment contract.I will ask HR to see if they can make me a new updated contract.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:32 pm

filly23 wrote:Thank you rayking but I'm still a little confused here. I know the employment contract just states when I started the job and how much I get paid yearly etc. But for the first 3 months I was getting paid a certain amount and the last 2 months my pay increased.

So your saying that I should write down my new salary with the pay increase included?
Get a pen and explain the salary increase as additional information, they're not really interested in your salary increase, but that you meet the financial requirement.
It seems you're getting something wrong here,your employment contract isn't what they need, they need a letter stating:
Your type of employment.
When you join or start date.
Is it full-time, agency or part time
And your annual income as defined by HO,
Don't go and put your income is BTW 31500 and ????
It should clearly state your income as calculated above,take the rule to them and show them,I did the same,it's something simple they can do.
Financial requirement is non negotiable and don't think they'll assume on your behalf, that's my little advice though.

filly23

Post by filly23 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:51 pm

@rayking

Thank you for your advice.I was thinking to do the exactly that and write the increase details in the additional information section of the application. I will write down the exact amount I get paid yearly

Thank you all for your advice.

philemon_bodiba

Post by philemon_bodiba » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:51 am

Rayking wrote:
filly23 wrote:Thank you rayking but I'm still a little confused here. I know the employment contract just states when I started the job and how much I get paid yearly etc. But for the first 3 months I was getting paid a certain amount and the last 2 months my pay increased.

Get a pen and explain the salary increase as additional information, they're not really interested in your salary increase, but that you meet the financial requirement.
It seems you're getting something wrong here,your employment contract isn't what they need, they need a letter stating:
Your type of employment.
When you join or start date.
Is it full-time, agency or part time
And your annual income as defined by HO,
Don't go and put your income is BTW 31500 and ????
It should clearly state your income as calculated above,take the rule to them and show them,I did the same,it's something simple they can do.
Financial requirement is non negotiable and don't think they'll assume on your behalf, that's my little advice though.
Hi,

My employment letter states that my annual income is "approximately" £23600. To your knowledge, would that be an issue?

Thanks...
Pa

akhan48

Post by akhan48 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:34 pm

filly23 wrote:@sohopeful

I have noticed in my employment contract it states the salary I should get paid would be £31500 up to £36300 a year.So i'm assuming this would be enough and I would not need need another employment contract.I will ask HR to see if they can make me a new updated contract.
Where I work, they only ever issue one employment "contract". If there's any changes, they issue a "letter of amendment". So what I did was include my original contract and the letters I've been issued in between, with the final salary increase letter reflecting the annual salary stated in the employment "letter" and wage slips.

As Rayking says, it's not strictly necessary to include your employment contract anyway, but it will support your application. As explained in the rules:

(ii) In respect of salaried employment in the UK (paragraph 2 of this Appendix), or statutory or
contractual maternity, paternity, adoption or sick pay in the UK (paragraph 5 or 6 of this
Appendix), the applicant may, in addition to the letter from the employer(s) required under that
paragraph, submit a signed contract of employment. If they do not, the Entry Clearance Officer
or Secretary of State may grant the application if otherwise satisfied that the requirements of
this Appendix relating to that employment are met. The Entry Clearance Officer or Secretary of
State may request that the applicant submit the document(s) in accordance with paragraph D of
this Appendix.

akhan48

Post by akhan48 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:39 pm

philemon_bodiba wrote:
Hi,

My employment letter states that my annual income is "approximately" £23600. To your knowledge, would that be an issue?

Thanks...
If you are salaried, then the amount should be an exact number, it can't be approximate. I wouldn't be comfortable if my employer gave me a letter stating anything "approximate", but that's just me :)