ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK test for Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ab713

Life in the UK test for Naturalization

Post by ab713 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:57 pm

Hello,

I am planning to give "Life in the UK" test for Naturalization. Documents required as an evidence of postcode is as follows

"You must bring proof of your postcode to your test, and this must match the information you entered during registration. From 1st January 2015 candidate proof of postcode cannot be any older than 3 months prior to the date of the Test. We will not let you take your test without this proof, or if it older than 3 months and we will not refund your test fee. This proof should be an original of one of the following documents (photocopies or printouts will not be accepted):

gas/electricity/water bill,
a council tax bill,
bank or credit card statement (a printed copy of a bank statement is acceptable however it MUST have been stamped and signed by the issuing branch),
UK photocard driving licence,
or a letter from the Home Office with your name and address on it.
You won't be able to take your test without the above documents, so please don't forget to bring them with you."

gas/electricity/water bill: Do not have this document
a council tax bill: Do not have this document
bank or credit card statement (a printed copy of a bank statement is acceptable however it MUST have been stamped and signed by the issuing branch): I have Llyods bank account and bank is not willing to stamp and sign, but bank said they can give it in bank letterhead. Will that be accepted?
UK photocard driving licence: Don't have this document
or a letter from the Home Office with your name and address on it: Don't have this document.

Also one more point, do I need to have two evidence of my post code or I just need to have one evidence as in one website it states I need two valid proof of postcode while in other website its states I need to have one valid proof of postcode.

Will be thankful if anyone can reply to it.

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Life in the UK test for Naturalization

Post by milan69 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:09 pm

Bank statement should do it.
I suggest you call the centre where you will be taking your LIUK test and ask if one evidence of postal code is enough.
I am sometimes wrong.

ab713

Post by ab713 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:14 pm

@milan69: Thank you for your prompt response. Can you please provide me a link where contact number of centers are mentioned?

ab713

Post by ab713 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:14 pm

@milan69: Thank you for your prompt response.
Can you please provide me a link where contact number of centers are mentioned?

Hubba

Post by Hubba » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:46 am

ab713 wrote:Hello,

I am planning to give "Life in the UK" test for Naturalization. Documents required as an evidence of postcode is as follows

"You must bring proof of your postcode to your test, and this must match the information you entered during registration. From 1st January 2015 candidate proof of postcode cannot be any older than 3 months prior to the date of the Test. We will not let you take your test without this proof, or if it older than 3 months and we will not refund your test fee. This proof should be an original of one of the following documents (photocopies or printouts will not be accepted):

gas/electricity/water bill,
a council tax bill,
bank or credit card statement (a printed copy of a bank statement is acceptable however it MUST have been stamped and signed by the issuing branch),
UK photocard driving licence,
or a letter from the Home Office with your name and address on it.
You won't be able to take your test without the above documents, so please don't forget to bring them with you."

gas/electricity/water bill: Do not have this document
a council tax bill: Do not have this document
bank or credit card statement (a printed copy of a bank statement is acceptable however it MUST have been stamped and signed by the issuing branch): I have Llyods bank account and bank is not willing to stamp and sign, but bank said they can give it in bank letterhead. Will that be accepted?
UK photocard driving licence: Don't have this document
or a letter from the Home Office with your name and address on it: Don't have this document.

Also one more point, do I need to have two evidence of my post code or I just need to have one evidence as in one website it states I need two valid proof of postcode while in other website its states I need to have one valid proof of postcode.

Will be thankful if anyone can reply to it.
As milan69 have pointed out, bank statement should work fine, but if this is a printout, it MUST have been stamped and signed by a branch. If they are not willing to do such thing, call the bank and request a copy of your last account statement (you generally would have received those by the post regularly, but I believe you've chosen to go paperless). Call your bank's call centre, request a copy of your last statement. It should take 10 days tops for these to be on your hand. Those don't need to be signed, since they are not printed (well, they are not just a system's printout) and will have the proper headers, with your address, etc.

Just one evidence of post code is needed. This is just to certify you're doing the test in a test centre close to where you live, i.e. not travelling to a less busy test centre just for the test.

ab713

Post by ab713 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:50 pm

@Hubba Thanks.

Another question to everyone, does any one have latest "Life in the UK" handbook (Ebook). I will be very very thankful if anyone can provide me the link to it?

Regards