ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 ...Please Help with an answe

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

farhan11
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 ...Please Help with an answe

Post by farhan11 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:23 pm

My history is that i came in UK in 2009 on Tier 4 student Visa completed my Masters degree in UK around 2010.Then i had post study visa Tier 1 for two years then i had Tier 2 sponsered VISA for one year and then I had to go on tier4 student visa to study MBA.I am still studying and just started my Third semester.My question is If i have switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2 now do I still have to finish my degree and then switch or i can do inbetween as I already have a UK master degree from 2010.I have a confusion with this as the rules specified by UKBA are not realy clear to understand according to my position.PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN HELP MEEEE...MUCH APPRECIATED

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 ...Please Help with an a

Post by manci » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:03 pm

you can switch from T4 to T2G provided you had continuous leave, including your current leave, since you obtained your masters degree. Read immigration rule 245HD:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _final.pdf

farhan11
Newly Registered

Post by farhan11 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:08 pm

Thankyou for your help.I have had continous leave throughout my stay in UK..My visa expires in June and I am have still not finished my second degree.I have read the guidelines ..but I am only confused that is it necessary when you are on Tier $ student you have to finish that course before applying or not.Its simple when you are on Tier 4 for the first time and you are studying your first master in that case you have get a degree to apply..Please let me know if you can answer my query thankyou

farhan11
Newly Registered

Post by farhan11 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:17 pm

Hi Manci..I have read it again..I think I can apply as I had continous leave to remain in UK thorughout my stay.What do you suggest