ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application from Abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ajbhatta

Passport application from Abroad

Post by ajbhatta » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:23 am

Hi,

I am applying for my first british passport from australia.

They are asking for 3 documents for name and address and/or residency:

1. Uncancelled Indian password (Which is name and photo identity)
2. I have a letter from the local goverment health department - Medicare.
3. ?

I do not have anything else from the given list of accepted documents for name and address proof. It does mention immigration documents are acceptable. so here's the questions that I have:

A. what would be an alternative document that I could provide that would be alright with the home office wrt to name and address proof?
B. If I provide my immigration documentation (I have a PR for Australia), will they create a problem with regards to the INTEND TO LIVE IN UK point?

Would really appreciate your point of view.

davidr450
Newly Registered

Re: Passport application from Abroad

Post by davidr450 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:45 am

I'm not an expert, but if you are applying for your UK passport, there is no requirement to intend to live in the UK. If you are a citizen, you are entitled to a UK Passport. your Australian documentation should be sufficient. If you are not yet a citizen, then this may be different, but you need to complete your citizenship process first before applying for the passport.