ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can a divorced person on adultery ground remarry

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Universal soldier
BANNED

can a divorced person on adultery ground remarry

Post by Universal soldier » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:32 pm

Hi I usually write for others but I need now advice for one my work mate as I don't know about it. He has ILR and her ex-partner divorced her on adultery ground which he simply accepted to avoid defending divorce which costs a lot. So if that person has been divorced on adultery ground then does he ban from remarrying? And what else consequences can arise in its immigration life? Need reply.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Re: can a divorced person on adultery ground remarry

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:29 pm

Everybody has right of freedom of speech and freedom of marriage which cannot be snatched. Grounds of divorce are just between 2 parties and court confidentiality. Court has nothing to do with the grounds for any other purpose than divorce. Once decree absolute is served then both parties are free to marry but only hurdle for non-eu partner will be the income threshold of £18600. Immigration, court etc and all other authorities have nothing to do with the divorce grounds afterwards of divorce.
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:37 pm

Reason for divorce is not important.

What is important is that he has decree absolute which makes him free to remarry as he wishes. It's all about meeting the criteria.

All the Home Office will be interested in is if he has been previously married and if so, divorced and in possession of the decree absolute (which will need to be submitted as part of a application). They are not interested in any further information beyond this.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:15 am

Adultery and unreasonable behaviour are two very common grounds for divorce but adultery is the most quickest way to divorce because in case of unreasonable behaviour the court can try to reconcile which can cause further 2-3 months delay. Except the psychological effects on the mind of respondent there is nothing else effect which usually last temporarily and almost forgettable on finding new loyal partner.
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler