ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa to switzerland

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

harvey160384
Newly Registered

visa to switzerland

Post by harvey160384 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:38 pm

Hello people i have heard my wife does not require a visa to go to switzerland she holds a indian passport has come to uk on a marriage visa and has a 2 year stay in this country , we intend to go there for a short stay of around 4-5 nights, help pls does she need a visa, Wanderer if ur out there, first of all sorry if im doin ur nut in but i can handle that what i cant handle is the wife pestering me about going away on a break, so HELP!!!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: visa to switzerland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:47 pm

harvey160384 wrote:Hello people i have heard my wife does not require a visa to go to switzerland she holds a indian passport has come to uk on a marriage visa and has a 2 year stay in this country , we intend to go there for a short stay of around 4-5 nights, help pls does she need a visa, Wanderer if ur out there, first of all sorry if im doin ur nut in but i can handle that what i cant handle is the wife pestering me about going away on a break, so HELP!!!
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... land+india

Try that link if it works - note I said then Indians DO need a visa and I got proved wrong!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:29 pm

What is your citizenship, out of interest?

Switzerland is a lovely country and a fantastic place to go in September or October! Their simple sensible visa policy makes it especially attractive!

DavidR98
Newly Registered

Post by DavidR98 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:09 am

Yes, I can confirm that anyone who holds a visa for the UK that allows them to remain for more than six months can visit Switzerland without a visa. My wife (Chinese passport) travelled there with me earlier this year, and Immigration was quick and completely free from hassle.

Have a great time there!