ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR, dependant unable to speak English

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

S_E
Newly Registered

ILR, dependant unable to speak English

Post by S_E » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:49 am

I am eligible to apply for ILR end of this year based on Tier 2 visa. my wife is with me from day one and she is on Tier 2 dependant visa. she is unable to speak English. and as far as I know for her to apply with me she needs to show a proof for Knowledge of English. also we have a daughter who is 2 now and born in the UK.
My question is if by the time we should apply and she is still unable to provide a proof for Knowledge of English, what is the option for her to stay with me until she is able to have a proof for Knowledge of English and to apply for her ILT

Obie
Ireland

Re: ILR, dependant unable to speak English

Post by Obie » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:38 am

You could register your child as British , and therefore she will be able to Switch under Appendix FM and invoke Exception 1, and will obtain ILR after 10 years of Residence.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

S_E
Newly Registered

Post by S_E » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:27 pm

Obie wrote:You could register your child as British , and therefore she will be able to Switch under Appendix FM and invoke Exception 1, and will obtain ILR after 10 years of Residence.
How to register my child as a British. as far as I know my child will have a ILR like mine and will not be British.

The other question she is learning English. so does she need to have a test in Reading, writing, speaking, and listening or only listening and speaking and which form she needs to apply if she passed her test

madnan24

Post by madnan24 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:09 pm

Hello S_E,

If She is learning english so it would be good, She needs to pass B1 Test - Speaking & Listening (Esol Exam ).

If She apply with you on Tier 2 base, so She does not need to fill any form, You need to fill SET O form and you have to write your wife ( dependents ) details in that form thats it.

For ESOL B1 Test , Please see below link, and then search any institute or college in your local town via your post code.

http://englishexamcentres.co.uk/b1-esol ... vel-3.html

For ESOL Test, Please go to youtube and search about ESOL B1 Test, you will find a lot of video clips which can help you.

Also, I don't think so you can register your Child as a British as you don't have ILR, After ILR you can apply for registration and then British Passport.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:20 pm

For the avoidance of doubt, I am not suggesting your British born child can qualify for registration now.

However this will be possible at the end of the year when ILR is obtained.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors