ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

185 day rule - driving licence for Asian national on Tier 2

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pythonista
India

185 day rule - driving licence for Asian national on Tier 2

Post by pythonista » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:12 pm

Hi,

I am an Asian national who entered the UK on Tier 2 General visa with 3 years validity. It's been less than 2 months I am in the UK now. Can I apply for the provisional driving licence?

I am not clear with the wordings given by the DVLA regarding the 185 day rule. Does it mean:
1. I should have the right to remain in the UK for at least 185 days (which I do have)?
2. I should have already lived at least 185 days in the UK (which I haven't)?

Thanks

pythonista
India

Re: 185 day rule - driving licence for Asian national on Tie

Post by pythonista » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:25 pm

Anyone?

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: 185 day rule - driving licence for Asian national on Tie

Post by FaeLLe » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:12 pm

It just requires you to be Resident in the UK which you have by having a right to remain.

Just fill in the form from a post office and send it to DEL along with your passport and BRP if you have one and you will get your provisional license.