ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR applied

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

roy_rajat

FLR applied

Post by roy_rajat » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:18 am

Dear forum
I am applying for FLR today following the initial approval. Here is a list of documents being submitted. This might be helpful for others and also it would be useful if successful FLR candidates could give their comments on the dosuments (required or not).

Passports (along with dependents)
Photos (2 each for applicant and dependent)
marriage certificate
Copy of the approval letter
Last 3 months wage slips
Last 3 months bank statements (current and savings with £3K+ balance)
Copy of Mortgage deed, title papers and land registry papers

Each put in separate folders with folders marked with its content and i have also attached a covering letter explaining the enclosures.
I am presently on a work permit and need another 18 months for ILR. So i really hope that i would be given a 24 month visa to carry me through the ILR period. Wish me luck.

Rajat

HolaHSMP

Post by HolaHSMP » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:24 pm

Hey Roy,

I applied for my FLR on 1st August and received it back on 9th August. I got the initial HSMP for 2 years. I submitted the following:

1. 1 passport (I am unmarried :wink: )
2. 2 photgraphs
3. FLR form
4. Covering letter
5. 4 months wage slip

I did not submit any bank statement and called up HO guys twice just to clarify whether we need to submit both the Bank statements and the wage slips. They assured either will do. Also, I asked them about rental/mortgage deals but they hit back at me and asked me to review whether it has been mentioned in the checklist :?

However, I have seen messages in this forum where people have submitted many documents. In a nutshell keep it simple.

Hope it helps rather than complicating things :P

roy_rajat

Post by roy_rajat » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:21 pm

Congratulation on your FLR. Yes it is very true that one should try to keep his application as simple as possible. I submitted my mortgage certificates just becoz in this forum fe months back i read someone being asked to submit prrof of accomodation once he had sent the FLR without them. So just to keep everything clear i submitted those papers. But indeed they cannot reject your application if you only submit what they have listed.

roy_rajat

Post by roy_rajat » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:19 pm

Can anyone tell me does HO acknowledge the receipt of FLR application and provide you with a refernce number? If you have not been provided with any reference number can i call up the HO to find out the progress of my application?

HolaHSMP

Post by HolaHSMP » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:51 pm

Call up the HO guys at the same HSMP number and ask for a reference number against the FLR(HSMP) application. You will get the ref number only when the payment has been processed.

Once you get this reference number (should start with LT) you can then use it for tracking your application. Or else wait for a week and you will get the reference number via post.

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:09 pm

Roy dont worry Flr took only 10 days(including non working).so u get refr number soon,and may u get all together with 2 year stamp.
in mine case sent on 2nd aug and received passport with stamp on 10 aug.
so dont worry at all.

roy_rajat

Post by roy_rajat » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:59 am

thanks for your replies. My credit card has been charged yesterday. Hopefully i would get back my passports by end of next week.

mayana

Post by mayana » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:24 pm

roy_rajat wrote:thanks for your replies. My credit card has been charged yesterday. Hopefully i would get back my passports by end of next week.
roy_rajat ;here is wishing u the very best of luck. Pls give an update of the outcome.

roy_rajat

Post by roy_rajat » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:08 pm

Just an update: i received the acknowledgement letter today with my reference number. The letter is dated 14th Aug (a day after i sent my application). So hopefully everyting is going well and i expect to receive my passport end of this week. Fingers crossed!!!!

suresh-hsmp

Post by suresh-hsmp » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:08 pm

Hi Roy,
My passpost with visa arrived one day earlier than my acknowledgement. I sent application form on 9th of August and got ref number through telephone on 13th of august. Becoz of status problems, i sent an urgent treatment form on 13th. My application for FLR approved on 15th and got my passport back on 17th.

Anyways, you need not worry anything about FLR, if you got the approval i would say its almost done. I hope you will get your passport back by the end of this week.

i wrote my case details, just to give you an idea about time lines and you may get passport in less time than what your ack took.

All the best

hsmpInfofinder
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpInfofinder » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:11 pm

Hi suresh-hsmp,

Can you pl.se provide some information on how Urgent treatment form.

do we need to send any proof for reason of urgent treatment?

for example, if we select "Commencing Employment" from urgent treat form, do we need to send/fax any proof for the employment and going to take up?

This info is use ful for most of the people in this froum who is looking to get their FLR sorted out at the earliest.

Pl.se provide how did u make your urgent treatment.

Thanks in advance.

suresh-hsmp

Post by suresh-hsmp » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:00 pm

Hi Infofinder
No, i have not submitted any proof of commencement of Employment for both Intial HSMP and FLR Application. I faxed the respective UT forms mentioned in the work permits website. I wrote a cover letter explianing my situation and why I need UT for my FLR as i am turning into status problems with my previous work visa. I dont think it is absouletely necesaary to write such a cover letter. I just put the dates on my UT form for job to take, in my opinion, the priority of ur application is decided by the earliest DATE you put the For the commencement of employment on UT form.

Although, i dont know your personal reason for asking UT, i suggest you to go only if your situation is so compelling otherwise go with normal procedure. By looking at processing dates and other people time lines in this forum suggesting that H.O is pretty much impressive in processing appliactions.

I just put my opinion here,it s up to you and decide according to your need and situation.

/Suresh

hsmpInfofinder
Newly Registered

FLR Confirmation Received

Post by hsmpInfofinder » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:37 pm

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for your information. I've received my passports with stamping done today with out any urgent treatment.

FLR(HSMP) app sent - 13/08/2007

Application received by HO and payment taken - 14/08/2007

FLR Approved on -17/08/2007 (Printed on paperwork received from HO)

Acknowledgement received by post - 20/08/2007

Passports received with FLR(HSMP) confirmation - 22/08/2007

suresh-hsmp

Post by suresh-hsmp » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:17 pm

Hi Info,
Congratulations and all the best for your future assignments.
The timelines of your case are pretty impressive, you did almost what i had done without UT--thas very good news for the rest of ppl from H.O side.

/Suresh

roy_rajat

Post by roy_rajat » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:53 pm

Congrats Info, My timelines for FLR are exactly the same as yours

Application sent: Aug 13
Acknowledgement dated: Aug 14
CC charged: August 14
Acknowledgement rcvd: Aug 20
Passports Rcvd: August 22

This marks the end of a successful HSMP application with visa stamped till 2009 Aug. And provided the present ILR rules stays put, i would be eligible to apply for ILR in January 2009 (WP +HSMP). Could someone tell me that while applying for ILR do i have to meet the HSMP qualifications again?
Thanks a lot to this forum for invaluable discussions during the process. And the my advice to all newbies would be to keep track of all the discussions in this forum and that would help in compiling the application rather than wasting valuable money on agencies!!!
Good luck to all. and i would do my best to help others in this forum.