ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unmarried Partner (Non EEA)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bharool
Newly Registered

Unmarried Partner (Non EEA)

Post by bharool » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:16 pm

Hi

I am looking for a bit of advice please before appointing lawyers as I don't want to waste their time or my money if it is a non starter.

I am a British Citizen by birth and have been living with a non EEA national for the past 15 months.

She currently has an EU residency card issued in the uk that expires in July 2016, however, this was issued on a durable relationship.

We do eventually plan to marry and wondered if any one would know what the chances of being successful in applying for FLR(M) once we have been together two years in October 2015.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Unmarried Partner (Non EEA)

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:29 pm

If she's no longer with the durable partner then surely her residence here is illegal?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

bharool
Newly Registered

Post by bharool » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:42 pm

That's my fear to be honest but don't know if the situation is able to be resolved in anyway whilst she is still in the country.

Maybe not.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:53 pm

bharool wrote:That's my fear to be honest but don't know if the situation is able to be resolved in anyway whilst she is still in the country.

Maybe not.
It used to be that for Unmarried Partner Visa even illegal time was counted (in fact, people used to rack up the 24 months on visit visas), but in the current climate I'm not sure that's possible now.

Do you have children?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

bharool
Newly Registered

Post by bharool » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:13 pm

Thanks very much for your answers.

Yes she/we have two 14 year old girls although I am not the father.