ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply 10 years long residence visa from Dependent visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krent88
Newly Registered

Apply 10 years long residence visa from Dependent visa

Post by krent88 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:55 pm

Hi,

I am currently on Tier 2 (General) visa which is due for renewal in June 2015 to get another 2 years.

In September 2015, it will be 10 years that I am in the UK, therefore will qualify for the 10 year long residence visa.

However, I would like to switch from Tier 2 ( General) visa to become a Dependent on my husband's visa (Hubby has ILR) so that I can get a mortgage/change job,etc.

1- Will I still be able to apply for my 10 year long residence visa (ILR) in Sept 2015? Will the period when I am dependent on my husband's visa count in the 10 years)

2- Do I use the FLR(M) form to apply?

Also - I am not sure how do I answer question 2.3 from the FLR(M) form (Reason for doubting if I am using the correct form)

2.2 Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor?

Yes No

2.3 Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories.

A - First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled person - 33 months, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or Proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months)

OR

B- Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain - (30 months completed)

OR

C- You are making a first application from within the UK but have not previously had leave to enter/remain as a partner.

OR

D - You delayed your travel to the UK by more than 3 months after the issue of a visa, and have not yet completed a period of 30 months in one of the categories at question 2.1

OR

E - You require further leave to remain before applying for indefinite leave to remain to obtain a relevant qualification showing Knowledge of the English language and of Life in the UK (KOL)

OR

F - You applied to enter as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner, but have not yet married or entered into a civil partnership. Please explain why in the box below and state when your marriage or civil partnership will take place.

Which one is it? A,B,C,D,E or F?

The closest one to my situation is C - but it is not my first visa application within the UK as I have applied for student visa/post study work visa/work permit before. So confusing!! Please help!!

Thank you in advance.

vinny

Re: Apply 10 years long residence visa from Dependent visa

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:44 am

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
2.2 yes.
2.3 C. Your previous leave was not as a partner.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.