ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I can't surrender my passport for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aliarmughan
Newly Registered

I can't surrender my passport for ILR

Post by aliarmughan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:16 pm

Hi every one
I am in a very difficult situation at the moment. I've completed 10 years in the UK on different visas legally and at present,I am on Tier-1 General visa which is valid until December-2016.
As I have completed 10 years legally and would like to apply for ILR as soon as possible.There is a problem due to the nature of my job. I can't afford to surrender my passport more than 2 weeks. I work for a UK company and can't afford to be without job for 6 months or whatever.
I contacted many solicitors, but they don't have any answer for my problem. One of them, who used to work for UKBA long ago told me that there was a case like mine when he was there and the guy got the ILR without surrendering his passport for long period of time due to the nature of his job, but he couldn't remember how he made it possible.
I know, I can use same day premium service once I complete my 5 years on Tier 1 visa, but it's too difficult to wait for another 2 years and it's dangerous too as who knows what will be rules next year.
Can any one help me out in this situation as I am desperate to apply for ILR as soon as possible?
Many thanks.

Ilr12345
Newly Registered

Re: I can't surrender my passport for ILR

Post by Ilr12345 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:04 am

Hi,

Why dont you try same day service at a PEO ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:07 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

aliarmughan
Newly Registered

Post by aliarmughan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:21 pm

[quote="Ilr12345"]Hi,

Why dont you try same day service at a PEO ?

Thank you for your reply. As I mentioned that I'm ready to pay for same day service at a PEO, but they won't allow me to do so on the basis of 10 year long residence and if I wait until December 2016 to complete my 5 years on Tier 1 General, then I will have to wait for almost 2 years and am bit worried about the changes in rules and at the end of another 2 years, I don't want to go back home after spending more than 12 years here for nothing.

rizash76
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by rizash76 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:19 pm

hi,
if you can't then wait for 5 years rout,if you can't do this then leave the job. you only have 2 option. you are the applicant not home office. sorry, but you have to chose one of them option.
best of luck

ssidd

Post by ssidd » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:31 am

Hello,
Sorry to hear this but unfortunately on long stay basis you cannot apply via premium service. I believe in your solicitor but I do not think so it is no more the case for long residency.

Home office will not accept your excuse bcoz you have a valid leave to remain till December 2016. Now you have to decide here or there.

BW
Sidd
Random life is difficult but systematic is much easier!!
SIDD

mnaeem126
inactive

Post by mnaeem126 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:35 pm

The option at the moment is get all your passport and brp copied n report the police n homeoffice that u have lost ur brp then apply for ilr on LR. Ur employer needs ur brp not passport. So keep the brp to show him n send ur brp copy n original psssports to home office for ILR.LR. or get print out of homeoffice, s page saying that ur immigration status remains same if ur application is under consideration, to show ur employer. U can check with home office asking them on phone if they can accept ur application with copied documents.