ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Succes @Croydon 21/01/2015

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asmiali

ILR Succes @Croydon 21/01/2015

Post by asmiali » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:20 pm

A thanks to all on this forum and I thought it would be useful for me to update my case here for everyone's reference.

Appointment time 08:30
Arrived: 07:55
Security Checks completed @08:00
Token Granted: 08:05
Number was called out straight away.

There were computer issues so the lady had to restart the PC which caused a lot of anxiousness and unneccessary delay as other people who came after me, leapfrogged me.

Case details registered: 08:20
Biometrics called straight away and completed by 08:30

In the cafeteria, Biometric approval lasted for 10 minutes
Status changed to awaiting consideration @08:40
Status changed to under consideration @08:55
Documents ready for collection @09:30
Token called @09:35
Approval granted and left the office @09:50

Couple of things for everyone:
1 - Have photocopies ready for everything, the person at the desk will give a separate bag for photocopies. this will speed up your case.
2 - Go for Biometrics as soon as your number is called. A delay of even one minute may mean that someone else gets their fingerprints done first and their file will be ahead of you and you will have to wait extra time.
3 - The time under consideration is really variable from case worker to case worker. Some cases came after me in the "Under consideration" queue but got their documents collected within 10 minutes. Others had to wait over an hour. So no need to worry on that basis.
4 - For bank statement evidence, put a sticky note on each page where your salary is printed. This will speed it up.

any other questions, let me know.

zia091
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Succes @Croydon 21/01/2015

Post by zia091 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:46 pm

Congratulations on your ILR :)

Two questions if you may answer,

1. Is it correct whole fees will be taken at time of booking appointment for premium service?
2. I have my life in UK ( Main applicant) and my partner haven't passed yet, can I still book appointment?

See following paragraph from home office site

You may be able to apply in person at a premium service centre if you’re already in the UK and want to:

extend your stay (known as ‘limited leave to remain’)
settle permanently (known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’)
Your premium service appointment must be at least 48 hours after your Life in the UK test if you’re applying for settlement.

Regards,

jain236

Re: ILR Succes @Croydon 21/01/2015

Post by jain236 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:00 pm

1) yes the fee will be fully taken when you book your appointment. i have booked my appointment for and money has already taken from my account (CC)
2) yes you can apply provided you wife still have valid visa to stay.