ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pls help required regarding my husband's next visa extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smalik3103
Newly Registered

Pls help required regarding my husband's next visa extension

Post by smalik3103 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:26 pm

Dear All,

I got married in Sept 2010 while I was on HSMP, my husband had his visa granted in Nov 2010 however, he only came to UK in Jan 2013. Our HSMP visas were due to extend in May 2013 which we did and got our extensions up until May 2015.

In Sept 2013 I completed my 10 years legally in the UK hence I applied for my ILR which was granted in Feb 2014.

My husband's visa is now expiring in May 2015 hence I please need advice on how should I go about getting it extend for him.

He would have been in the UK for 2.5years by May 2015 however, in total he has been on HSMP or Tier General 1 dependent visa for over 4 years (while he was in Pakistan from Nov2010-Jan2013).

I am not sure if I can apply for his ILR as I am now on ILR from Feb 2014( my visa category has also changed) or shall I go for 2/ 5years partner route based on settled family in the UK.

My understanding is after gathering information from GOV.UK , I should be able to apply for his visa extension on based of settled person on a 2 yrs route however I am not very sure about it.

Also, if I have to switch into this category does it mean my husband will not be able to apply for his ILR for another 2.5 years until he completes his full 5 years or would need to complete additional 5 yrs on top of his current 2.5 years which he already has been in UK. Or can he apply for his ILR after completing 3 years in UK as his originally visa was issued before April 2011.

Lastly, I also need advice on what English does he required to do before his visa extension. I read, its says A1 however I would like to know he does the B1 or B2 would it be acceptable for his extension. The reason for completing B1 or B2 is to do it once as it would be required for his ILR hence if it is acceptable for his extension he wouldn't have to sit for the exams again later in future.

I would appreciate if someone please look into my case and suggest what is best to do.
Many thanks,
SMalik

kingin2015

Re: Pls help required regarding my husband's next visa exten

Post by kingin2015 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:08 pm

smalik3103 wrote:Dear All,

I got married in Sept 2010 while I was on HSMP, my husband had his visa granted in Nov 2010 however, he only came to UK in Jan 2013. Our HSMP visas were due to extend in May 2013 which we did and got our extensions up until May 2015.

In Sept 2013 I completed my 10 years legally in the UK hence I applied for my ILR which was granted in Feb 2014.

My husband's visa is now expiring in May 2015 hence I please need advice on how should I go about getting it extend for him.

He would have been in the UK for 2.5years by May 2015 however, in total he has been on HSMP or Tier General 1 dependent visa for over 4 years (while he was in Pakistan from Nov2010-Jan2013).

I am not sure if I can apply for his ILR as I am now on ILR from Feb 2014( my visa category has also changed) or shall I go for 2/ 5years partner route based on settled family in the UK.

My understanding is after gathering information from GOV.UK , I should be able to apply for his visa extension on based of settled person on a 2 yrs route however I am not very sure about it.

Also, if I have to switch into this category does it mean my husband will not be able to apply for his ILR for another 2.5 years until he completes his full 5 years or would need to complete additional 5 yrs on top of his current 2.5 years which he already has been in UK. Or can he apply for his ILR after completing 3 years in UK as his originally visa was issued before April 2011.

Lastly, I also need advice on what English does he required to do before his visa extension. I read, its says A1 however I would like to know he does the B1 or B2 would it be acceptable for his extension. The reason for completing B1 or B2 is to do it once as it would be required for his ILR hence if it is acceptable for his extension he wouldn't have to sit for the exams again later in future.

I would appreciate if someone please look into my case and suggest what is best to do.
Many thanks,
SMalik
As you are settled in the UK, you need to apply under FLR M 5 years route for your husband's extension. But you need to meet financial and all other requirement set out in FLR M.

smalik3103
Newly Registered

Post by smalik3103 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:29 pm

Thanks for your reply. Cant I apply for him under 2yrs route while he is in the UK?

5 yrs route is people applying outside the UK?

kingin2015

Post by kingin2015 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:36 pm

smalik3103 wrote:Thanks for your reply. Cant I apply for him under 2yrs route while he is in the UK?

5 yrs route is people applying outside the UK?
NO, 2 years route was for people who wanted to apply for spouce visa before july 2012. Since then flr m is for 5 years regardless outside or inside the UK. hope this helps.