ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home Office Error costing me an Extension ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

travelholic
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Home Office Error costing me an Extension ?

Post by travelholic » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:43 pm

Hi All,
Tier 1 General visa : 10th May 2010.
Entered the Country : 21st June 2010 .
First renewal : Applied for visa on 16th April but got extension only till 18th April 2015 . Ideally I should have been given extension till 10th May 2015 . They do clearly state in the website that one can apply for visa within one month of the visa expiring and you should get the visa when the current one expires. I know so many friends who have done this.I dont know why I was punished even though I hadnt applied very early.
Anyway I had contacted the home office then and after a long thread of emails they didn't agree that they had done a mistake.

Now with the new rule of Tier 1 extension stopping from April , I am wondering if I am okay to apply for ILR or I would need an extension.

Thanks for your help in advance.

travelholic
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Home Office Error costing me an Extension ?

Post by travelholic » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:50 pm

Anyone who could guide me with this ?Or maybe suggest if I should go to a lawyer.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:15 pm

work out what the date is 28 days before 10 May 15 and apply for ILR in the window between that date and 18 April 15.

jaddy
Newly Registered

Post by jaddy » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:39 pm

travelholic wrote:Hi All,
Tier 1 General visa : 10th May 2010.
Entered the Country : 21st June 2010 .
First renewal : Applied for visa on 16th April but got extension only till 18th April 2015 . Ideally I should have been given extension till 10th May 2015 . They do clearly state in the website that one can apply for visa within one month of the visa expiring and you should get the visa when the current one expires. I know so many friends who have done this.I dont know why I was punished even though I hadnt applied very early.
Anyway I had contacted the home office then and after a long thread of emails they didn't agree that they had done a mistake.

Now with the new rule of Tier 1 extension stopping from April , I am wondering if I am okay to apply for ILR or I would need an extension.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Hi You can try consulting home office Visa correction centre. The link below might be helpful
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ment-ecb19

I have got a case where an error by Abu Dhabi Visa office is causing me the same problem ie. one more extension.
I have got my visa stamped on 26-05-2010 but the documents were returned late to me. About 2 months late. I wrote an email to Abu Dhabi where they accepted their mistake. I could not travel within 90days period.
My first EC was uptil 26-05-2012 and first extension is upto 26-05-2015. I arrived in sep, 2010.
Therefore to cover the gap from May, 2015 to Sep, 2015 I would need another extension. Some good amount of money would be lost to this un necessary extension. What can I do ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:04 am

travelholic wrote:They do clearly state in the website that one can apply for visa within one month of the visa expiring and you should get the visa when the current one expires.
Did they really say that?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

travelholic
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by travelholic » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:18 pm

manci wrote:work out what the date is 28 days before 10 May 15 and apply for ILR in the window between that date and 18 April 15.

Thanks Manci. I am contemplating this wondering if it is risky since I am short of visa for a month .

travelholic
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by travelholic » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:37 pm

jaddy wrote: Hi You can try consulting home office Visa correction centre. The link below might be helpful
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ment-ecb19

I have got a case where an error by Abu Dhabi Visa office is causing me the same problem ie. one more extension.
I have got my visa stamped on 26-05-2010 but the documents were returned late to me. About 2 months late. I wrote an email to Abu Dhabi where they accepted their mistake. I could not travel within 90days period.
My first EC was uptil 26-05-2012 and first extension is upto 26-05-2015. I arrived in sep, 2010.
Therefore to cover the gap from May, 2015 to Sep, 2015 I would need another extension. Some good amount of money would be lost to this un necessary extension. What can I do ?
I did that but after a long exchange of emails , the wouldn't agree that they did something wrong.

travelholic
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by travelholic » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:51 pm

vinny wrote:
travelholic wrote:They do clearly state in the website that one can apply for visa within one month of the visa expiring and you should get the visa when the current one expires.
Did they really say that?

Hi Vinny,

Yes they did state that on the UKBA website. I cant find the reference but this is from the guidance.
""We encourage you to make your application at least 1 month before your current permission to stay expires. However, if you apply significantly more than 1 month before your permission to stay expires, and you want to apply for settlement later, you may not have accumulated enough total permission to stay. This is because your new permission to stay will begin on the date when we make the decision, not the date when your current permission expires."

Also this makes for a interesting read - > https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... guities_in

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:23 am

Are you referring to this ?:-

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _06_11.pdf

Point 41 on page 12.

mmc

Post by mmc » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:37 pm

Yes, you should be good to apply for iLR on the 15th of April this 2015. Your continuous residency will start from 10th May 2010, because you landed on the 21 Jun 2010, which falls within 90 days. Hope this help.
MMC

travelholic
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by travelholic » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:51 pm

params0073 wrote:Are you referring to this ?:-

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _06_11.pdf

Point 41 on page 12.
Hi, Yes although the previous guidance had the above quoted note.

travelholic
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by travelholic » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:54 pm

mmc wrote:Yes, you should be good to apply for iLR on the 15th of April this 2015. Your continuous residency will start from 10th May 2010, because you landed on the 21 Jun 2010, which falls within 90 days. Hope this help.
Wouldnt it be 13th April ? Thanks for your help.

travelholic
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by travelholic » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:30 pm

Guys found this in the forum that answered my question : http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... .html#wrap