ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work permit from Indian company! Valid??

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

*FC*
Member of Standing

Work permit from Indian company! Valid??

Post by *FC* » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:04 pm

Hi friends,

I have come to work in the UK through an Indian company for their client. After working here for almost 6 months i am not sure about continuing with the same company because of personal reasons. I wish to look forth working for another company based out of the UK.
But i am not sure if i can do the same with the WP i hold from my Indian company. Should i go back to India and get another Work permit and Visa through the new employer incase i find a job with another company? Or is the WP and Visa transferrable?

Would be grateful if you folks can help me with the information.

Cheers!

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: Work permit from Indian company! Valid??

Post by sakura » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:18 am

*FC* wrote:Hi friends,

I have come to work in the UK through an Indian company for their client. After working here for almost 6 months i am not sure about continuing with the same company because of personal reasons. I wish to look forth working for another company based out of the UK.
But i am not sure if i can do the same with the WP i hold from my Indian company. Should i go back to India and get another Work permit and Visa through the new employer incase i find a job with another company? Or is the WP and Visa transferrable?

Would be grateful if you folks can help me with the information.

Cheers!
Work permits are not transferable, I know that much. So you will need to get your employer to sponsor you, then apply for a fresh further leave to remain. Bear in mind they have to advertise the post first, before offering it to someone who requires a visa.

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:30 am

sakura wrote:Bear in mind they have to advertise the post first, before offering it to someone who requires a visa.
If the person requiring the visa is already on a work permit here, and it has not expired and will be doing the same job, the second employer will not have to advertise the post as per as usual. They can apply and it must be much easier task than going back to India and then waiting for someone to sponsor the OP agian.
Jabi

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:44 pm

u need to get a new sponsor for work permit if U want to change to job
Pantaiema

deepak_sachdev25
Newly Registered

i may be able to help you

Post by deepak_sachdev25 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:43 am

just wondering which sector are you workign in. coz if you tell me what sector and company you are workign for.I may be able to help youwith something. if youcant disclose your company name openlly you can mail me on my personal email address.