ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Application Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sureshkrisshna
Newly Registered

ILR - Application Query

Post by sureshkrisshna » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:23 pm

Dear All,

I was on FTI till 28 Jan 2010
My employer provided sponsorship letter from 29th Jan 2010, I applied for Tier 2 my postal application and my tier was issued from 10th March 2010 to 29 Jan 2013.
Tier 2 Extension got issed from 18 Mar 2013 to 11 Feb 2015 (Postal application).
My Question
1, Am I qualifying for my ILR by 11 Feb 2015 or do I need to apply for another Tier 2 extension
2, Though I know that i have been working for the same employer for more than 5 years, will there be any issue if am applying for my ILR.
3, If they consider my Tier 2 start date as 10/3/2010 - I can apply on 11th Feb 2015 as it comes exactly 28 days before 10/3/2010 (only issue is that my current visa runs out on 11 Feb 2015)
4, I can apply by post again but i recently got married and my wife is in uk with me, her visa also ending 11 feb 2015.
I was been told that she doesnt qulify for ILR i cant send both application by post is that right?

Please help

cfdman

Re: ILR - Application Query

Post by cfdman » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:51 am

1, Am I qualifying for my ILR by 11 Feb 2015 or do I need to apply for another Tier 2 extension
yes. No need for extension. But make sure you apply on this date.
2, Though I know that i have been working for the same employer for more than 5 years, will there be any issue if am applying for my ILR.
Why do you worry you may have issues with your ILR? I just don't see any reason?
3, If they consider my Tier 2 start date as 10/3/2010 - I can apply on 11th Feb 2015 as it comes exactly 28 days before 10/3/2010 (only issue is that my current visa runs out on 11 Feb 2015)
yes. They will consider your Tier-2 start date as 10 March 2010 (as you have confirmed it before). You are fine to apply 28 days before this date. But make sure you send you application by 11 Feb 2010. Beyond that, you will be considered an over-stayer and will have implications on your appeal rites, incase if anything goes wrong.
4, I can apply by post again but i recently got married and my wife is in uk with me, her visa also ending 11 feb 2015.
I was been told that she doesnt qulify for ILR i cant send both application by post is that right?
You didnot mentioned the start date of the first entry clearance of your wife. Assuming, she got if on or fter 9th July 2012, she may needs to go for further PBS extension, until she completes 5 years. She can apply any date before her current visa runs out i.e 11 Feb 2015.

rhule815
Newly Registered

Post by rhule815 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:34 pm

My Wifes ILR application

Dear All,
My wife was a dependant on my Tier 1 (General) PBS in 2011. In 2013 I got Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) while I extended her visa (i.e. PBS Dependant leave to remain), as she was 2 months short of the required 2 years.
I have now Naturalised as a British Citizen and have a British Passport. I now want to apply for my wifes indefinite leave to remain as she is way past the 2 years (she was due in Aug 2013).

My Questions are:
1)Do I apply for her as an independent person or still apply as a Dependant?
2)If as dependant, on what bases will that be? as a wife of a British Citizen or PBS Person who has stayed here for more than 2yrs?
3) What form should I use.
4) Any general tips/advice?

Note:
: During her extension I filled the wrong form and paid the consequence of lossing my same day (PEO) visa application fee (i.e about £1,600) and will not like to repeat this again hence an answer from someone with the technical knowledge will be very much appreciated.

sureshkrisshna
Newly Registered

Post by sureshkrisshna » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:14 pm

Thanks Cfdman.