ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is my daughter eligible for british citizenship ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ramu.chandran
Newly Registered

Is my daughter eligible for british citizenship ?

Post by ramu.chandran » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:29 pm

Hi All,
Thanks for looking into this post and responses.
I am a british citizen from April 2014.
My wife and daughter was with me all time except between (Feburary 2013- January 2014). Both my wife and daughter is currently on ILR status.
Both returned from India on January 2014 and is now staying with me. I have not applied for citizenship for either of them yet.
This post is regarding applying for british citizenship for my daughter.
Is she eligble right away for applying ? or she has to wait for a period where she is not out of uk for more than 450 days ?
Any reply in this regard is highly appreciated.

zeusmagnanimous

Re: Is my daughter eligible for british citizenship ?

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:22 pm

ramu.chandran wrote:Hi All,
Thanks for looking into this post and responses.
I am a british citizen from April 2014.
My wife and daughter was with me all time except between (Feburary 2013- January 2014). Both my wife and daughter is currently on ILR status.
Both returned from India on January 2014 and is now staying with me. I have not applied for citizenship for either of them yet.
This post is regarding applying for british citizenship for my daughter.
Is she eligble right away for applying ? or she has to wait for a period where she is not out of uk for more than 450 days ?
Any reply in this regard is highly appreciated.
It depends on what basis she will be applying. I am guessing she will be applying for Registration using MN1, if so then she can apply immediately as there is no holiday restriction for MN1.

secret.simon

Re: Is my daughter eligible for british citizenship ?

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:12 am

Where was your daughter born? Was she born in the UK or in India?