ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

swtich to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kmyousafzai
Newly Registered

swtich to ILR

Post by kmyousafzai » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:52 pm

Hi Guys!

Question: 10 years lawfully and apply for ILR

I came UK July 2004 as student visa however legally i extend my visa during all times and currently
My status on Tier1 General, but my Tier1 General visa will be expiring before end of December 2015.
My 10 years lawfully period has been completed shall i am apply for switch to ILR or i need to wait and apply before Tier1 General Expire December 2015.
Recently someone advice me that if you put your application for ILR its will be on risk so better wait and apply for ILR before your Tier1 General expire.

Thank you

Malik44

Re: swtich to ILR

Post by Malik44 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:48 pm

If your 10 years law-full period completed then you can forward your application anytime there is no need to wait for your Tier 1 G visa expiry.