ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can international Student inUK show his earnings like this??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kck9
BANNED

Can international Student inUK show his earnings like this??

Post by kck9 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:58 am

It is a tricky question.....dont know if someone came accross this situation before. But someone came to me with this :?: :?: :?:

for which i was not able to answer them like this :idea: :idea: :idea:

A small doubt guys.

Can an international full time student in UK show his part time earnings for reaching the threshold????

Also can you confirm if an international student in UK can show the full time earnings if he started working full time after he completed the course and waiting for the result???

Also does the level of job like 'sales executive earnings' makes some difference for computer networking degree holder.. i mean do they ask u whether ur job is related to ur degree? or is it highly skilled??? etc..

Views and Ideas highly appreciated.....

Constant

Re: Can international Student inUK show his earnings like th

Post by Constant » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:35 am

[quote="kck9"]It is a tricky question.....dont know if someone came accross this situation before. But someone came to me with this :?: :?: :?:

A small doubt guys.

Can an international full time student in UK show his [b]part time [/b]earnings for reaching the threshold????

Also can you confirm if an international student in UK can show the [b]full time [/b]earnings if he started working full time after he completed the course and waiting for the result???

Also does the level of job like 'sales executive earnings' makes some difference for computer networking degree holder.. i mean do they ask u whether ur job is related to ur degree? or is it highly skilled??? etc..

Views and Ideas highly appreciated.....[/quote]

Hi, thats a good question. I am an international student and my earnings have been through combination of part and full-time shifts but since it was a good paying job I have crossed the threshold (21K). Should I anticipate any problems or a refusal?

Constant

Post by Constant » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:36 am

none
Last edited by Constant on Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:28 pm

Constant wrote:Hi, thats a good question. I am an international student and my earnings have been through combination of part and full-time shifts but since it was a good paying job I have crossed the threshold (21K). Should I anticipate any problems or a refusal?
cool 'Constant',

pls drop in your ideas if you come accross any answers........

Constant

Post by Constant » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:28 pm

Hi kck9, I told an immigration consultant who said it was fine but having discovered this board last night (with all the gurus here and their vast wealth of information & knowledge), I thougth it would be good to get some more advice...

venga_pal

Post by venga_pal » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:25 pm

Hi Guys,

Its not to discourage you guys, but to alert you.

If you are student, legally you are only eligible to work 20/w max.

You can simply do not mention that you are a student for HSMP application.

But when it comes to FLR after HSMP approval, It might become a problem.

More so 'coz your jobs were not related to your education and that the jobs are not highly-skilled jobs.

As they say, You may give a try if you do not care much about 750 quid. I wont bet on it.

Please do take further advice and take a well informed decision

cheers,
Venga_pal

Constant

Post by Constant » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:51 am

Hi Venga_pal, very good point. Any research or stories to tell?

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:38 am

venga_pal wrote:Hi Guys,

Its not to discourage you guys, but to alert you.

If you are student, legally you are only eligible to work 20/w max.

You can simply do not mention that you are a student for HSMP application.

But when it comes to FLR after HSMP approval, It might become a problem.

More so 'coz your jobs were not related to your education and that the jobs are not highly-skilled jobs.

As they say, You may give a try if you do not care much about 750 quid. I wont bet on it.

Please do take further advice and take a well informed decision

cheers,
Venga_pal
thnx venga_pal,

As far as my knowledge, I think a student can work fulltime during his vacation time and once he completed the course as well. I think he cannot work full time for more than 4 months or untill his visa ends (which ever is earlier) after completing his studies.

Any more comments appreciated.
Thnx

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:02 am

Constant wrote:Hi, thats a good question. I am an international student and my earnings have been through combination of part and full-time shifts but since it was a good paying job I have crossed the threshold (21K). Should I anticipate any problems or a refusal?
Didn't know there was a max threshold of earnings for students
If the purpose is to make sure you don't work more hours than you should
Then you simply break down the earnings in hours worked so the worker sees you didin't overwork
Don't see what is so tricky.

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:55 pm

Any new applicants who claimed earning points in the above criteria. Students worked in UK (part time) earned to reach the threshold.

Or if you know any one who actually claimed like this and failed for any reasons. Please let me know. My friend wants to apply. He actually worked fulltime when he was student and completed his course. He worked full time during his vacation time you can say.....because he was waiting for his result...

Please drop your ideas and experiences.

Thank you

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:04 pm

He would not be able to do this. If he worked full time while he was in the UK on a student visa then he was working illegally, and the HSMP team will not count the earnings if it was illegal. Even if they did, he would not be granted the visa.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:26 am

Thank you victoria,

I heard that a student can work full time during the holiday/vacation period and he can also work full time when he completed the course and while he waiting for the result. I know the first statement is legal as they generally work full time during easter and christmas holidays....

Is that true. let me knowif you have any ideas......

thank you

faisalliaqat
Newly Registered

Post by faisalliaqat » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:53 pm

Hello All,

I have been trying to find information about similar cases as I myself am in exactly a similar situation as I did two months job as a contract employee while being on a student visa and waiting for my results/graduation and started as a permanent employee after getting my IGS visa.

I have been trying to contact the home office itself in this regard to clarify the rules. I received two separate replies from each concerned department in the home office so I would share that with you people:

My Question 1 from IND: "I am about to complete my MSc degree from a UK university. I have submitted my dissertation, which has been informally assessed and I was told by my supervisor that I have passed the module and thus completed my MSc degree but I have to wait for the confirmed results from the university. I have a couple of months left in my student visa so can I work full-time on a fixed-term contract till the expiry of my visa? I will be applying for the IGS visa once I get the confirmed results from the university but just want to know whether I can work on a fixed term contract."

Answer from Border & Immigration Agency: "You can continue working full time when your studies are completed for a period of four months or until your visa expires, whichever is sooner, whilst waiting for your examination results, prior to attending your graduation ceremony or before commencement of your new course."

My Question 2 from HSMP Team: "Thank you for your reply. As regards to your reply to my query below, the period that I worked while waiting for the graduate visa comes in a consecutive 12 month period. To clarify that, I worked for 2 months while I was waiting for the graduation while being on a student visa. As soon as I got the graduate visa, I started work as a permanent employee. So there was hardly a week break in between the two periods. So my question will be: can I count those 2 months while being on a student visa in the consecutive 12 month period for the past earnings?"

The answer from the HSMP team is: "As long as the earnings you are claiming for fall within a consecutive 12 month period within the previous 15 months prior to the application, your earnings will be considered."

Just to add some other information, I asked my faculty head to give me a letter from the university saying I had submitted my dissertation and was waiting for my results from such and such date onwards. I guess it will be useful in future to convince the home office if we need to mention the dates we were in full-time studies and the date after which we were entitled to work full-time while on a student visa.

I hope the above will be useful for all those in similar situations. Please post here if anyone else has any useful information to share.

amberw

Post by amberw » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:36 pm

kck9 wrote:It is a tricky question.....dont know if someone came accross this situation before. But someone came to me with this :?: :?: :?:

A small doubt guys.

Can an international full time student in UK show his part time earnings for reaching the threshold????

Also can you confirm if an international student in UK can show the full time earnings if he started working full time after he completed the course and waiting for the result???

Views and Ideas highly appreciated.....

answer to ur first question is yes an international student can show his part time earning.
as far as ur question regarding sales executive earnings is concerned, yes HO will consider this job for HSMP and it also does not matter if ur job is related to ur degree, if u r applying for first time.
hope it will help.
thanks
amber