ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Husband on ILR (after tier 1) and wife on Tier 2

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vkjainuk

Husband on ILR (after tier 1) and wife on Tier 2

Post by vkjainuk » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:23 pm

Hi,

I am currently on Tier 1 (general ) since March 2010 and eligible to apply for ILR in Feb 2015.

My wife is on Tier 2 ICT visa since Sep 2010 (but not dependent on me)

1) Whether my wife is eligible to apply for ILR in her own right? I think due to some rule change in 2010, she is not eligible to apply for ILR due to Tier 2 ICT. her current Tier 2 (ICT) expires in Mar 2016.

2) If she cannot apply ILR in her own right, what are her options ?

Can she become my dependent after I get my ILR ? If yes, which form/. rules apply? Can she apply in-country or out of country?

What will she be eligible for ILR ?

Can she apply with my ILR application or it will be after I get my ILR.

Thanks for your help in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Husband on ILR (after tier 1) and wife on Tier 2

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:04 pm

vkjainuk wrote:Hi,

I am currently on Tier 1 (general ) since March 2010 and eligible to apply for ILR in Feb 2015.

My wife is on Tier 2 ICT visa since Sep 2010 (but not dependent on me)

1) Whether my wife is eligible to apply for ILR in her own right? I think due to some rule change in 2010, she is not eligible to apply for ILR due to Tier 2 ICT. her current Tier 2 (ICT) expires in Mar 2016. Probably not, other mods can maybe confirm.

2) If she cannot apply ILR in her own right, what are her options ? Switch to FLR(M) once you have ILR

Can she become my dependent after I get my ILR ? If yes, which form/. rules apply? Can she apply in-country or out of country? FLR(M), new rules and it will be 5 years before she can apply for ILR on Set (M). FLR(M) will be 2 X 2.5 years applications/renewal before Set(M) to make up the 5 year residence requirment. She can switch in country. There is a financial requirement to be met and English Level A1.

What will she be eligible for ILR ? 5 years from date of FLR(M) being granted or 10 years long residence if she reaches that first in 2020.

Can she apply with my ILR application or it will be after I get my ILR. She can, but two separate appointments ideally.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.