ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa -appeal and review

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Student Visa -appeal and review

Post by RAJ2007 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:54 pm

My student visa extension was refused and I have appealed against it.

I am thinking of sending same documents (appeal application) to MP's correspondence office in Home Office to review the decision. Does it work? do Home Office review their decision?

Has anyone asked for review to the Home Office directly?

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: Student Visa -appeal and review

Post by sakura » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:59 pm

RAJ2007 wrote:My student visa extension was refused and I have appealed against it.

I am thinking of sending same documents (appeal application) to MP's correspondence office in Home Office to review the decision. Does it work? do Home Office review their decision?

Has anyone asked for review to the Home Office directly?
Why was it refused? Give more details.

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:05 pm

resaon for refusal-
-not able to follow the course
-not intend to follow the course
-intention to stay in uk

As I told earlier that i am thinking of sending stuffs (additional evidences) along with MP's letter to review the decision directly to the Home Office. Do you think it works? Do you know Home Office review their decision?

johnsienk
BANNED

Post by johnsienk » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:47 pm

<original post deleted>
Last edited by johnsienk on Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:45 pm

I am studying PhD and is enrolled for 7yrs. I have submitted my thesis end of last year and attended the viva(exam) in May07. I was told to do amendment by the external examiners and re-submit the the thesis by the middle of next year. I have attached a letter from the University explaning the situation in detail. In case of PhD, re-submission of PhD thesis is not uncommon and it could happen to anyone (even to UK students). This is the first time I have been examined. Under Paragraph 69E oh HC 395 , re-examination rules, one should be allowed for re-sit. Also, to be noted that I have not failed the exam. I am very surprised why I was refused.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:53 pm

RAJ2007 wrote:I am studying PhD and is enrolled for 7yrs. I have submitted my thesis end of last year and attended the viva(exam) in May07. I was told to do amendment by the external examiners and re-submit the the thesis by the middle of next year. I have attached a letter from the University explaning the situation in detail. In case of PhD, re-submission of PhD thesis is not uncommon and it could happen to anyone (even to UK students). This is the first time I have been examined. Under Paragraph 69E oh HC 395 , re-examination rules, one should be allowed for re-sit. Also, to be noted that I have not failed the exam. I am very surprised why I was refused.
How long an extension did you ask for? Although your university states that you should hand it in by next year, it obviously would be better to do it by the end of this year, so maybe you asked for too long an extension for only an amendment to an already finished thesis?

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:01 pm

amendments do take time and it is universitie regulation to allow students one year to finish the amendments and not only that i have to appear for another viva exam (the dates are setup by the external examiners) whixh takes two -three months to set up. Like last time it took 5months for the university to set up the viva.

Do you think paragraph 69E (re-sit exam) would be a valid point during appeal as because i have appeared for exam for the first time and i should be given another chance.[/quote]

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:32 pm

I have received the appeal hearing date. Could someone tell me that when is the respondent supposed to send me their doucments. Is it 5 days before the appeal hearing date? Will it explain in detail why they have refused my visa extension? Also, will i able to carry additional evidences on the appeal day and show it to the judge?
Please someone help me with my queries.

IMMIGRATION LAWYER
United Kingdom

Post by IMMIGRATION LAWYER » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:54 pm

The Home Office never reconsidres their decisions without taking the cases to the court. You must lodge your Notice of Appeal (AIT1) as soon as you can, and within the 10 days from teh deemed date of serving the refusal on you.